[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Push Notifications not working on Android
Started by philipp3 Feb 14 2020 07:36 AM

2 replies to this topic

Best Answer philipp3 , 17 February 2020 - 01:24 AM

It happens to me sometimes when I do lots of notification testing on my Android device. The remote notifications are delayed (for upto 1 hour). I guess it is some Google-FCM control.  Not sure about the error you are getting.

I send notification using my own server, so the response i get from FCM is usually success, fail, invalid (which is referring to the GCM token).

Thanks for your answer. I looked into it, went to bed and woke up feeling stupid, because I was in Don’t-Disturb-Me mode the whole time. Case closed.

[TOPIC CONTROLS]
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

philipp3

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
philipp3
  • Enthusiast

• 90 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hello, I followed these instructions to send push notifications via FCM: https://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/events/appNotification/index.html On iOS, it works without problems. On Android, the message is only received when the app is active. When the app is closed or the display is off, I get the following log when I send a test message from the Firebase console: "FirebaseMessaging: Missing Default Notification Channel metadata in AndroidManifest. Default value will be used." Nothing else happens, I don’t get a push notification. I am out of ideas, any help is appreciated.

yosu

yosu
  • Contributor

• 554 posts
  • Corona SDK

It happens to me sometimes when I do lots of notification testing on my Android device. The remote notifications are delayed (for upto 1 hour). I guess it is some Google-FCM control.  Not sure about the error you are getting.

I send notification using my own server, so the response i get from FCM is usually success, fail, invalid (which is referring to the GCM token).

philipp3

philipp3
  • Enthusiast

• 90 posts
  • Corona SDK

Best Answer

Thanks for your answer. I looked into it, went to bed and woke up feeling stupid, because I was in Don’t-Disturb-Me mode the whole time. Case closed.

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]