[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

d.mach

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
d.mach
  • Contributor

• 971 posts
  • Corona SDK

I have to put promoted IAPs behind a parental gate (because it is a kids app) and don't know how to do this.

Any ideas on how I can do this?

d.mach

d.mach
  • Contributor

• 971 posts
  • Corona SDK

I know I can look into launchArgs but what I don't get is how to show a working parental gate which really can stop a transaction from happening if (for example) a kid clicks on a promoted IAP.

Is this not working like this: Click on promoted IAP... a purchase call is triggered. Now when seeing this inside the app I show a parental gate and what then? When the parental gate question answer is wrong the purchase call already was made, wasn't it?

Does anybody out there have a solution for this to make promoted IAPs safe for kids?

Aarbron

Aarbron
  • Contributor

• 221 posts
  • Corona SDK

Long time ago I created some kids apps for a customer.

From what I see now (because I really couldn't remember :P) to call a purchase you have to press three times fast a specific button.

I guess back then (2017 or 2018) apple triple checked my method and approved it because the apps went live.

If I remember well there was some other methods too.

Like type the number 6246.

roaminggamer

roaminggamer
  • Corona Geek

• 7,666 posts
  • Corona SDK

I know this question is more about tieing the gate launch to the the 'promoted' aspect of the IAP, but just in case you want a starting point for the actual gate...

I've got some free sample code for a parental gate: 

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/74704-template-portfolio-release/

Look in the thread for link.  The code come with several sample options you can modify.

Note: I think, if you just put a gate on your app to enable IAP features overall, that should be good enough.

d.mach

d.mach
  • Contributor

• 971 posts
  • Corona SDK

Note: I think, if you just put a gate on your app to enable IAP features overall, that should be good enough.

First: Thanks for your fast help and feedback.

Regarding your answer: I don't know if this is working, because the promoted IAPs I guess work like this: A player clicks on the promoted IAP image in the store which will download the game and instantly call store.purchase ("X") in the game. I don't know when and how to catch this with a parental gate.

Any help welcome on how I can get this call and handle it.

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iap, promoted, app store, parental gate