I can but only by ignoring the certificate warning: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID.
Thank you. Same for me, and this warning is new... New little problem, new little worry...
Jump to content
SO yesterday, it was out for 9 hours. I just had to throw in the towel and do some gaming while I wait.
I managed one build at the end of the night.
Im just wondering if its possible, because this is such a huge issue that's been going on for too long if Native/Enterprise Corona builder could be bypassed whenever the server returns an error.
I don't use plugins except the splash screen but I changed one line of code yesterday morning and because it couldn't connect to check some authorisation , it failed in Xcode.
This is an uneccesary problem. If there's a server error, use then cached authorisation surely.
Now I'm afraid to turn my internet on in case it checks, fails and returns unauthorised.
I couldn't log in, or read forums either. What if something to do with that is affecting developer building? Why not separate them? But please do some offline building option, even for testing purposes for this kind of occasion.
Apparently the fix we thought we made last week, really wasn't a fix. We are still working on trying to solve the server outages. It's our highest priority at this time.
I'll post more when I know more.
You will find your best success between the hours of 3-4pm GMT and 6am GMT. Unfortunately the beginning window has more variability than the closing window.
I tried after 3PM GMT . Nothing was working until after 9pm GMT
Okay so will be tricky to split servers but can you at least give an emergency update or something that if theres no server response, to just allow authentication or at least use the cached version if there is one? Isn't that refreshed after 7 days?
If its refreshing and fails, I cant build.
We've already scrubbed the cron jobs and looked at various backup jobs and such. I don't believe we've made any changes, if so that would have been one of the first things we backed out. We don't have any auto-updates, so I don't believe a MariaDB would have been dropped in without us knowing it.
But then today, I don't believe we had an outage and it's in the middle fo the week.
Not sure DNS/CDN issues would be time-based. More likely some date-based code is broken?
As with all these issues, you simply check the change log and see what changed Jan 10/11th and focus on that?
If no code has changed then you check the pipeline and investigate what changed there.
I'm seeing mixed messages here and its creating confusion for me.
Rob is talking about random server outages, but others (including myself) are experiencing build failures. Is one a symptom of the other? Are these separate issues?
I've been trying to make a successful build every night for the past 2 weeks, with no success. The build servers appear to be available and responsive, but my problem is in the build/compilation process. I'm talking about errors like "There was a problem linking the app" and "Builder failed: Undefined symbols for architecture armv7"
People seem to think it's related to their specific plugin, but it appears to occur with ANY plugin. Add any plugin to one of the bundled sample code projects and try an iOS build. It will fail. Take the plugin out and the build will succeed. Based on a note on the last daily build, it looks like there were attempts to fix some build related issues.
Rob and team, please clarify what sort of errors are expected as a result of these "outages". This will be helpful to know if I should continue waiting for a fix or look to other avenues.
They are experiencing multiple problems right now.
Even the latest daily builds 2020.3569 and builds 2020.3570 have issues for many people.
2020.3569 is giving error code 256 (even with empty projects without plugins).
2020.3570 has authorization problem and asks you to deauthorize and login again (it doesn't help though).
2020.3567 works fine but it has no support for Appodeal SDK 2.6.0.
It's a complete mess.
Everything is falling apart and I hope they do something soon.
Vlad mentioned that they experience build issues.
Info will be minimum as always and we just have to wait.
The server problems are defined by very long build times before the process times out. Generally the Forums have problems at the same time. If you can build and the build times are reasonable, you're not hitting server problems.
If it's not an apparent time out issue, i.e. you build in reasonable times, a 256 error is generally plugin related. The best test you can do is to build the HelloWorld sample app that comes with Corona. If you're getting a 256 error there, then it's not plugin related.
So lets assume it's not a server problem. If you get a 256 error without plugins, we need to know if you're on Windows or a Mac and perhaps specifically the macOS version if you're on a Mac.
If you do not need Appodeal 2.6.1, I would suggest dropping back to the build 2020.3567 or earlier. Appodeal 2.6.0 should work with that build.
The team is aware of these issues with 3569 and 3570 and hopefully we will get a resolved build soon.
Seems to be all okay and nippy right now on forums and docs.
Im not sure if it helps but I turn off internet as I build, and then back on again to deploy using Xcode+Native Corona. Just in case it fails on Corona Builder while checking Corona server. Might be barking up the wrong tree but Im not taming any chances.
I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.3 and I get the same error building for Android. I don't know if those having success are on Windows or macOS, but I do know that Apple in the past few days changed their notarization processes. I don't know if this is the impact.
I've notified Engineering and I'm waiting to hear back.