[TOPIC: post.html]

carloscosta

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
carloscosta
  • Contributor

• 671 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi,

I've a client that already had an app from another company.

The other company already enrolled for google play application signing to manage the keys.

I created an app like usually with my app.keystore, but like i suspected it gave an error:

"Upload failed Your Android App Bundle has been signed with the incorrect key. Please make sure App Bundle is signed with the correct signing key and try again: SHA1:..."

What's the problem here? it's not the point signing with google to manage the key so I don't need to provide one anymore?

I tried to upload .aab file or .apk.

What i need to do on my side to work? Or I can't do nothing? What can I do to make my .keystore valid? it should not mater if i upload the .aab right? I'm really lost.

Any help regarding on this aspect I would appreciate a lot.

Regards,

Carlos.

agramonte

agramonte
  • Corona Geek

• 1,274 posts
  • Corona SDK

Short answer: You need to find the key they used to upload the apk and then sign it with that key or  contact google and tell them that you lost the upload key.

Long answer: With the new process you have two keys. One key you use to upload the apk and the second key that google uses to sign it. Google keeps the signing key. They strip the key for upload and sign it with the signing key. Before they do that they validate you are using the correct upload key. Since you are not, Google throws that error. It appears you don't have the signing key. You can ask the old developer for it, see if you can download it from the Google site or ask Google if they can generate another signing key.

carloscosta

carloscosta
  • Contributor

• 671 posts
  • Corona SDK

After May 2017 Google play store add a new feature on Play store and It’s Good News For Android Developers. From this feature, Developer can update their app or Apk who lost a KeyStore file. you need to enable google play app signing on play store console.

so this is false?

I though I could upload a file without the key. What's the propose of this "new" feature if we still need to upload the apk with a key?

After reviews the official documents, I guess the only way to upload the app is to contact Google to revoke the key and upload a new one. I was trying to not go this route, but I guess is the only way.

Edited by carloscosta, 03 December 2019 - 01:15 AM.

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]