[TOPIC: post.html]

Ninjisticus

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Ninjisticus
  • Observer

• 2 posts
  • Corona SDK

Why hello there!

I am Ninjisticus, an aspiring game developer.

I have dreamed of making games since childhood, and now that I'm in my high school days and approaching college, I've decided to pick up a game engine, and downloaded Corona for a testrun.

Since Corona was able to make 2D games for WIndows, I tried it, but I uninstalled it for the fact that my weak laptop won't be able to handle pretty heavy things. I'll get it back once I get a better rig for me to use. (That might take years...)

I know about Lua due to Stepmania by a bit, but almost nothing beyond that, and I'm willing to learn by example and also by advice. I'd like to be able to make a game akin to games on console(more specifically, Kingdom Hearts...) on PC since a good handful of games I'd like to play are there.

I hope that with you guys, I'll be able to learn how to make a game here and slowly be the person I dreamed of being!

nick_sherman

nick_sherman
  • Corona Geek

• 1,861 posts
  • Corona SDK

Corona games should run fine on pretty low end laptops, especially when you're just learning and doing simple stuff, so I wouldn't let that hold you back.

pixec

pixec
  • Observer

• 13 posts
  • Corona SDK

You may want to change your forum name.I doubt any random generator gives you name: ”ninjafaggot” so this is intentional or unintentional trolling...
  • nick_sherman likes this

Ninjisticus

Ninjisticus
  • Observer

• 2 posts
  • Corona SDK

You may want to change your forum name.I doubt any random generator gives you name: ”ninjafaggot” so this is intentional or unintentional trolling...

Oh, please forgive me for that.

I unexpectedly had some things to do and I do have a proper name, but I still have to change it as of this message. Please, don't worry.

• pixec likes this

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: introduction, aspriring