[TOPIC: post.html]

JoePringles

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
JoePringles
  • Contributor

• 368 posts
  • Corona SDK

So lets say I want the body of the message be:

Food is any substance[1] consumed to provide nutritional support for an organism. It is usually of plant or animal origin, and contains essential nutrients, such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, or minerals. The substance is ingested by an organism and assimilated by the organism's cells to provide energy, maintain life, or stimulate growth.

Historically, humans secured food through two methods: hunting and gathering and agriculture. Today, the majority of the food energy required by the ever increasing population of the world is supplied by the food industry.

How can I send that through native.showPopup( "mail")?

It seems the "body" string only allows 1 sentence

[TOPIC: post.html]

carloscosta

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
carloscosta
  • Contributor

• 674 posts
  • Corona SDK

just put that phrase on a variable:

local body=[[
Food is any substance[1] consumed to provide nutritional support for an organism. It is usually of plant or animal origin, and contains essential nutrients, such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, or minerals. The substance is ingested by an organism and assimilated by the organism's cells to provide energy, maintain life, or stimulate growth.

Historically, humans secured food through two methods: hunting and gathering and agriculture. Today, the majority of the food energy required by the ever increasing population of the world is supplied by the food industry.
]]
use body variable.

You can also break any sentence with "\n". you could do

local body="Food is any substance[1] consumed to provide nutritional support for an organism. It is usually of plant or animal origin, and contains essential nutrients, such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, or minerals. The substance is ingested by an organism and assimilated by the organism's cells to provide energy, maintain life, or stimulate growth.
\n\nHistorically, humans secured food through two methods: hunting and gathering and agriculture. Today, the majority of the food energy required by the ever increasing population of the world is supplied by the food industry."
you can put that text in a sqlite database and get that variable from there. All my texts are this way. That way is 100x easier to find and change any text I want. Even easier if the app is multi language.

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]