[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

calebrwatkins

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
calebrwatkins
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

I've been slowly figuring out how to use PonyTiled w/ Tiled(an old .18 version) and when I run the simulator the images are all red rectangles and errors for all the images that say 'Failed to find image'. Just not sure why. Any help would be great thanks.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,922 posts
  • Enterprise

I believe the latest ponytiled now supports the latest Tiled 1.x formats. I would recommend updating both to the latest version. Then if it's still not working, it may be an internal vs. external tileset situation.

The community has a better understanding of using these tools than I do, so maybe someone else can provide a better answer.

Rob

calebrwatkins

calebrwatkins
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks for the reply. I've tried using the latest Tiled version but encounter a different problem. Instead of red rectangles and missing images. I get just a black screen. I figured seeing the red rect. At least tells me the placement on the screen is good, it's just missing the images some how.

I'll give the latest Tiled version another go though.

calebrwatkins

calebrwatkins
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

So I changed the Tiled version to the latest and now when I load it up with PonyTiled the simulator is just black still. I blew up the image I was using in Tiled to take up a huge amount of screen space to see if it would show up and still its a black screen. I am exporting the tiled file as a .lua and using this in main.

local mapData = require "maps.objects.sandbox" -- load from lua export
local map = tiled.new(mapData, "maps/objects") -- look for images in /maps/objects/

I'm going to keep looking around for an answer.

calebrwatkins

calebrwatkins
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

I think I might have to give up on PonyTiled. I'm just not understanding why there are no images. It's either red boxes with error message saying Failed to find image, or it loads up fine with no error messages but its just a black screen. Very frustrating.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,922 posts
  • Enterprise

Consider reaching out to the PonyTiled developer and ask for help. He's really helpful. Are there any messages in the Corona console log?

It could be internal vs. external tilesets as I mentioned above.

Rob

calebrwatkins

calebrwatkins
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

The only error message I get in corona console is "Warning"..image path/directory.."Failed to find image". I've stared at the directory names and file names trying to find a miss spelling but they all appear correct. I've done the embedding images when loading a new tile set. Thats supposed to make it an internal image correct? I thought maybe the path where the image file was wasn't being added to the file Tiled outputs, but when I look through it the path is correct. Maybe I'll try reaching out like you said. I feel so close but just cant figure it out.

Here's the actual console message.

WARNING: C:\Users\caleb\Documents\Corona Projects\Test Platformer\com\ponywolf\ponytiled.lua:113: Failed to find image 'maps/objects/../Documents/Corona Projects/Test Platformer/maps/objects/PathAndObjects.png'

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ponytiled, tiled