[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

d.mach

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
d.mach
  • Contributor

• 849 posts
  • Corona SDK

With the new Apple guidelines which are NOT allowing any analytics in kids apps I wonder if it is possible to turn of any flurry entries on the flurry side without breaking the online apps?

What is happening if a flurry code inside a game or app can not be found anymore?

Is removing the apps in flurry enough to follow the new Apple rules?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,793 posts
  • Enterprise

Apple does a lot of automatic scanning of apps looking for libraries that it doesn't like. And the mere act of linking the Flurry plugin in, even if you never use it, could flag something with Apple. 

If for some reason you want to keep Flurry in your kids games for Android analytics, you can always use the supportedPlatform = "android" code in build.settings for the Flurry plugin and then in your app test to see if you're not on iOS and wrap your Flurry calls in "if" statements. It's a little extra work, but it's probably worth it. 

Rob

XeduR @Spyric

XeduR @Spyric
  • Contributor

• 764 posts
  • Corona SDK

If I had to guess, I'd say that you must disable any analytics for such apps from the app side. Even if you were to disable the tracking from Flurry's side, your app would continue to track and send that tracking data to Flurry's servers, which is something that Apple can see, but once the data has left your app, Apple has no way of confirming whether or not the data ends up on Flurry's servers. They'd just know that you are sending data from your app to Flurry and so you'd most likely get sanctioned for it.

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]