[TOPIC: post.html]

teterinis

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
teterinis
  • Observer

• 6 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hello !

Is there way to remove Corona splash screen ?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,788 posts
  • Enterprise

You can purchase the Corona Splash Screen Control plugin. If you're doing this as a hobby, giving us a little recognition isn't too much to ask. If you're doing this to make money, it's not too much to ask for you to help our company continue funding its development. 

Rob

teterinis

teterinis
  • Observer

• 6 posts
  • Corona SDK

It's just hobby, but want app without splash screen

I comapre Kotlin Java Flutter Corona Appinventor PWA and etc..

Only Corona ask to pay for 99$ per year for remove splash screen.

Sorry for my English

nick_sherman

nick_sherman
  • Corona Geek

• 1,803 posts
  • Corona SDK

Most of those other options have big companies behind them. Corona is a tiny company - how else are they supposed to keep going unless they charge something? In my opinion they've already given away far too much for free to try and compete with bigger players who can afford to do so because they have other revenue sources.

And anyway, if it's just a hobby, who cares about a splash screen? There's bigger things to worry about.

• roaminggamer likes this

XeduR @Spyric

XeduR @Spyric
  • Contributor

• 762 posts
  • Corona SDK

Yeah, this is a petty thing to worry about.

If you look at an engine like Unity, you have to pay ~25$/month for Plus or ~125$/month for Pro to remove Unity's splash screen. Compare that to Corona's 99$/year (i.e. 8.25$/month).

Being a PC gamer (as well as an avid movie / TV watcher), I've grown accustomed to seeing several logos when the game/movie/episode starts. If there's 1 minute of logos, then sure, that's excessive, but we are talking about just showing Corona's logo for 2 seconds, i.e. it tells the users that "this game was made with Corona" and it is the least you could do if you don't want to chip in for that 8.25$/month. None of your potential users will probably care either way.

Think of it this way. Do you expect your app to generate more than 8.25$/month? If yes, then you can afford it that way. If not, then don't worry about it and just keep the splash screen.

teterinis

teterinis
  • Observer

• 6 posts
  • Corona SDK

Corona have no UI Builder .. 

Flutter Godot AppInventor Kotlin Java /Android Studio - absolutely free

nick_sherman

nick_sherman
  • Corona Geek

• 1,803 posts
  • Corona SDK

So is Corona. You don't have to buy the splash screen plugin. What you get for free is frankly ridiculous nowadays, a tool this good would have cost you £10,000 a year 10-15 years ago.

• XeduR @Spyric likes this

XeduR @Spyric

XeduR @Spyric
  • Contributor

• 762 posts
  • Corona SDK

I've pretty much just thought of the splash screen as an alternative means of helping out.

You can either,

1) help out by paying for Corona, i.e. the product that lets you create your app, (and paying very little at that, as discussed above), or
2) help out by promoting Corona in the least intrusive and least effort requiring way possible, for free.

richard11

richard11
  • Contributor

• 430 posts
  • Corona SDK

Coronalabs aren't forcing you to use their product, they're just offering it as either a free SDK with a 2 second splash, or as a subscription based splash-free SDK.

It's a brilliant product for all sorts of reasons. Personally the lack of any WYSIWYG front is one of the reasons I prefer it myself, and I always like to see engine splash screens at the start of games - gives me something to look up myself as a developer if I like how a game works. But if Godot etc offers you something you need and Corona doesn't, just use that?

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]