[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Possible to close simulator when app exits?
Started by prographodeveloper Jun 10 2019 03:45 AM

- - - - -
5 replies to this topic

Best Answer Rob Miracle , 11 June 2019 - 01:48 PM

Corona is open source now. You can add a preference to disable the welcome window when used in an IDE and change the behavior if you want and make a pull request to the rest of the community can benefit.

Rob

[TOPIC CONTROLS]
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

prographodeveloper

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
prographodeveloper
  • Contributor

• 298 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi guys, when the app exits there is a window that remains open - I guess because even though the app has closed the simulator is still running. Is there a way to make the simulator exit when the app exits?

I show the window that remains open in the attached file.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 12.38.58.png

XeduR @Spyric

XeduR @Spyric
  • Contributor

• 764 posts
  • Corona SDK

Are you experiencing this because you used code to exit/close the app or because you pressed ctrl+w?

In any case, the simulator is its own thing. The app is running through the simulator so it only makes sense that once the app closes, the simulator is still there. You could just press Alt+F4 or the close window button to exit/close the entire thing.

nick_sherman

nick_sherman
  • Corona Geek

• 1,803 posts
  • Corona SDK

The annoying thing about that window remaining open is that my IDE thinks the simulator is still going, so I can't click run again until I've also closed that window. If I'm testing a loop with a large number of iterations and there's a runtime error inside, I need to close everything down to stop the log being spammed while I debug the problem. Often that loop will be launching automatically while developing so I can't just relaunch the simulator.

It would be nice to be able to get rid of it because it's something I never use, I launch all projects through the IDE and if I need the docs/forum/marketplace I just use browser bookmarks.

• prographodeveloper likes this

prographodeveloper

prographodeveloper
  • Contributor

• 298 posts
  • Corona SDK

The annoying thing about that window remaining open is that my IDE thinks the simulator is still going, so I can't click run again until I've also closed that window. If I'm testing a loop with a large number of iterations and there's a runtime error inside, I need to close everything down to stop the log being spammed while I debug the problem. Often that loop will be launching automatically while developing so I can't just relaunch the simulator.

It would be nice to be able to get rid of it because it's something I never use, I launch all projects through the IDE and if I need the docs/forum/marketplace I just use browser bookmarks.

Exactly, if you invoke from the IDE, this window is always there when you exit the app, so you can't click run again.

Are you experiencing this because you used code to exit/close the app or because you pressed ctrl+w?

In any case, the simulator is its own thing. The app is running through the simulator so it only makes sense that once the app closes, the simulator is still there. You could just press Alt+F4 or the close window button to exit/close the entire thing.

I'm just closing the app by the close window button that all windows have (mac), but it would also happen if the app did an os.exit()

It's fine tho, I just wondered if there was some obvious setting I missed.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,793 posts
  • Enterprise

Best Answer

Corona is open source now. You can add a preference to disable the welcome window when used in an IDE and change the behavior if you want and make a pull request to the rest of the community can benefit.

Rob

• prographodeveloper likes this

prographodeveloper

prographodeveloper
  • Contributor

• 298 posts
  • Corona SDK

Wow, I didn't realise it was open source.

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]