class = 'Text',
                                caption = 'The button'
                        }
                }
        }
    }
)

And I got this on my device :

https://github.com/Canardoux/mi_corazon/blob/master/Screenshot%202019-06-06%20at%2013.41.31.png

And, of course, the Lua function 'MyButtonPressed()' was correctly triggered when I clicked the button.

'Mi Corazon' is a project that I have, for giving access to Flutter from Corona/Lua.

Actually this is just a proove of concept. Not even an Alpha release. But my first tries are very encouraging : Now, I am ready to start a real project from scratch.

The goals are :

• Access from Lua to the Flutter librairy. Not only the UI, but also other packages (like Sqflite for example for accessing a Database Management System).
  • Build Flutter screens in Lua, without any Dart code.
  • Invoke a Flutter screen from Lua, and return to Corona when the user finished with his Flutter screen

When those goals will be reached (in many, many months ;) from now) it will be time to create something who is crually missing : a graphic UI editor like the one we have in Delphi and Lazarus.

OK, I agree. I am just talking about vaporware. But I cannot resist to send this post because I am excited by what I see as reachable with some work.

This project will certainly need other contributions. But not now. Actually the project foundation is not hard enough.

• Dave Yang, StarCrunch, agramonte and 2 others like this

[TOPIC: post.html]

thomas6

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
thomas6
  • Contributor

• 975 posts
  • Corona SDK

hi Larpoux!

Sound cool! One question though: why don't you just make the graphic editor in Lua? I've made a couple of good level editors for my own games using just that - work perfectly.

[TOPIC: post.html]

larpoux

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
larpoux
  • Enthusiast

• 50 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi thomas6

It is not clear now if the graphic editor will be coded in Lua, in Dart or maybe in another language. I love coding, but now I prefer to integrate other software, when available, than coded another new soft. Probably I will find several great graphic editors already existing. Maybe your ;-) ;)

This editor will generate Mi Corazon forms (i.e. Lua 'Tables' or Dart 'Maps'), or both.

I do not understand why Flutter does not use static data for their Routes (Screens) but dynamicaly create them in Dart.

For Mi Corazon, I prefer using Static Maps/Tables for specifying the widgets, their properties and their events.

This is not a problem : this is trivial to interpret those Maps/Table in Flutter and create the final Routes/Screens

[Edit:] Maybe I did not understand correctly your question. Probably you wonder why MiCorazon, instead of using the existing Corona Widgets. This is a good question. I do not know Corona enough to be sure that integrating a Flutter Engine in Corona will really improve what Corona already does. I just have the impression that Corona is too much <Games Oriented> and not <Desktop Oriented> enough. But more, I am convinced that Flutter will be very very important in the future (Google is not CoronaLabs) and that it will be stupid not to be Flutter complient.

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mi corazon, flutter, corona, lua