[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

JoePringles

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
JoePringles
  • Contributor

• 364 posts
  • Corona SDK

So I kinda retired from app development but im back at it again.

Last year I got a email from google play console, saying my app got removed for violating one of their policies. 

Here is what it says specifically:

Issue: Violation of Usage of Android Advertising ID policy and section 4.8 of the Developer Distribution Agreement

Google Play requires developers to provide a valid privacy policy when the app requests or handles sensitive user or device information. We’ve identified that your app collects and transmits the Android advertising identifier, which is subject to a privacy policy requirement. If your app collects the Android advertising ID, you must provide a valid privacy policy in both the designated field in the Play Console, and from within the app.

So from what I understand I need to add a privacy policy in the app and "Play Console".

So for those who are experienced with this kinda thing, how would I : "provide a valid privacy policy in both the designated field in the Play Console, and from within the app."

agramonte

agramonte
  • Corona Geek

• 1,218 posts
  • Corona SDK

I do both. Just a link in the app that points to the privacy policy and a link in the play console.

I just created a free one here. They give you a limited number of clicks a month for free and looking at my Flurry I can tell you about 1 person every few months bothers clicking on that link.

JoePringles

JoePringles
  • Contributor

• 364 posts
  • Corona SDK

So when you mean link an app you mean add a button saying "privacy policy" that will redirect you to that website.

And how would you link that on the play console?

agramonte

agramonte
  • Corona Geek

• 1,218 posts
  • Corona SDK

1. Yes a button in the app that directs to the URL that that website provides when you create a policy.

2. In the Google Play Console => your app => Store Presence => Store Listing and all the way at the bottom of the page there is a place for the privacy policy url.

JoePringles

JoePringles
  • Contributor

• 364 posts
  • Corona SDK

Ah muchos gracias padre!

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]