I needed a scrollable text box, and found/leveraged the code at
I did some testing ...creating / destroying a scrollview in a loop ... and noticed that general memory (not texture memory) was leaking about 12KB per scroller:destroy.
I suspect the problem is in the widget_momentumScrolling.lua
portion (because my simplified version doesn't use it, and has no memory leak).
Yes, I spent some time trying to figure it out, but didn't find a smoking gun, sorry. If I had access to tools that showed me how memory was currently being used (e.g., like the lab should have), I suspect one could easily zero in on the problem. I do know that the different between "display.remove (x)" and "x:removeSelf()" is not the cause.
It's not clear who I'd report the bug to.
Attached is the project for my minimally modified version (simpler test call, with looping and memory test).
The forum refused to let me attach an Android apk, so it's at: http://www.sieler.com/MyScroller
(as is the .zip of the project)
Simply open the app with Corona, which starts it, and look at the Corona console for output.