[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

"Corona Simulator" is not optimized for your Mac and needs to be updated.
Started by troylyndon Mar 26 2019 01:17 PM

- - - - -
2 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

troylyndon

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
troylyndon
  • Contributor

• 607 posts
  • Corona SDK

The message with this OS title is...

This software will not work with future versions of macOS and needs to be updated to improve compatibility. Contact the developer for more information.

When I click Learn More, I'm taken to this link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208436

if this issue has already been answered in another post, please just let me know and I'll accept it as SOLVED. Otherwise, can anyone answer this?

32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later

Dev-Ze.rocks

Dev-Ze.rocks
  • Contributor

• 213 posts
  • Corona SDK

Also just got this message.

Any answer around?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,781 posts
  • Enterprise

I think these are the two most important takeaway's from Apple's docs:

Can I keep using my 32-bit apps?

Yes, you may continue to use 32-bit apps with your Mac today. Using 32-bit software has no adverse effects on your data or your computer.

divider.png

When will the 64-bit transition be complete?

The 64-bit transition for macOS and macOS apps is still underway, so final transition dates have not yet been established. But now is a good time to check with the software developer to see if 64-bit versions of your favorite titles are available. 

divider.png

So Apple is just annoying people using 32 bit apps. They don't have any plans on doing anything more than nagging you. Now 10.14 maybe the point where they decided to provide a date, but it will take app developers time. So ignore it for now. When this becomes tangible we will give it more attention. But for now, we have much bigger projects to tackle.

Rob

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]