[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

hayful59

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
hayful59
  • Enthusiast

• 40 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hello, Im try to sign my first app for release on the play store, but I always get the same error msg

keytool' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Ive looked at both

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/66235-signing-android-app/

https://coronalabs.com/blog/2014/08/26/tutorial-understanding-android-app-signing/

but it doesnt seem to work for me, my keytool is located C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.2\bin\keytool.exe

Im trying to make the keystore folder on the desktop but I keep seeing people say that it needs to be in the same folder as the keytool but that doesnt seem to work either ive tried changing the path to

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.2\bin
keytool -genkey -v -keystore C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Key Stores\Runs.keystore -alias RUNS -keyalg RSA -validity 999999

Thanks for the help

agramonte

agramonte
  • Corona Geek

• 1,172 posts
  • Corona SDK

I thought I replied to this but maybe I didn't. Since nobody has replied. To me it looks like you are missing a slash. Instead of:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.2\bin
keytool -genkey --keystore C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Key Stores\Runs.keystore -alias RUNS -keyalg RSA -validity 999999

It should be:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.2\bin\keytool -genkey -v -keystore C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Key Stores\Runs.keystore -alias RUNS -keyalg RSA -validity 999999

Also usually I put the paths in quotes on the PC, but don't know if it matters.

hayful59

hayful59
  • Enthusiast

• 40 posts
  • Corona SDK

I thought I replied to this but maybe I didn't. Since nobody has replied. To me it looks like you are missing a slash. Instead of:

It should be:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.2\bin\keytool -genkey -v -keystore C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Key Stores\Runs.keystore -alias RUNS -keyalg RSA -validity 999999

Also usually I put the paths in quotes on the PC, but don't know if it matters.

Thank you, I was missing that stroke and Yes it does matter that the path is in quotes, below worked a treat :)

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11.0.2\bin\keytool" -genkey -v -keystore "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Key Stores\Runs.keystore" -alias RUNS -keyalg RSA -validity 999999

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keytool, cmd, sign, signing, release, debug, java, key, play store