- Can anyone please help me out with autoscroll
- In the credit section of my game I want to add auto scroll where the text moves from bottom to upwards automatically until 'The End' comes
- I have found some info with scrolling when touching screen but not autoscroll, anyone?
Autoscroll text from bottom up
Feb 05 2019 03:46 AM
unfortunately, i dont have one easily available as im still reinstalling my rig, but one way is for example:
store your text in an array
loop through it and create display objects where each new line is positioned below the next, starting at y value just off screen.
it doesnt matter that all of it is located go off screen as there is little resource cost to it.
set all to alpha 0
then in the "enterFrame" event, loop through all objects and move them 1 (or 2 if you want it to move faster) pixels upward.
add to the logic that once an object should be visible, you fade the object in, either by using transition, or per y-value maths if you prefer.
also add a second condition that when y value is about to pass the top of the scree, start the fade out.
thats all there is.
yes you can do it more dynamic by creating new objects just before they enter screen, and remove them when they go off screen, but the consept is the same.
hope that makes any sense.
This isn't too difficult.
1. Create a display.newGroup() and position it off the bottom of the screen or where you want the credits to start.
2. Create display.newText() objects for each line of your scrolling credits and insert it into the group, positioning accordingly.
3. Add a transition.to() that moves the display.newGroup() up the screen. You can use an onComplete function to handle whatever you want to do when the credits finish.
4. Optionally use a graphics.newMask() to make it so it doesn't have to start at the very bottom of the screen. You might be able to have some grays in the mask to provide a fadeIn/fadeOut at the top and bottom as the display group moves under the mask.
- IndieEnthusiast likes this