Does anybody have a changed DUSK version which is working with the new TILED editor version?
Jump to content
Sure, dig into the code, and with an understanding of how tiled output has changed modify DUSK to read the new format.
The easiest way to approach this is.
1. Make very small example using OLD Tiled.
2. Export it.
3. Test it with DUSK.
Assuming it works as expected...
4. Make the same example with NEW tiled.
5. Export it.
6. By hand, compare the two exports and understand the difference(s).
7. Try to use DUSK with the new export.
8. Go to the code that is pointed out in the error message.
9. Now, armed with your knowledge of the differences in formats, modify the code.
Tip: This may be relatively easy, or very hard based on how DUSK is written, but I suspect that you can easily fix DUSK by simply updating the code in DUSK that reads the Tiled export data. Once that code is fixed my guess is, all the rest of DUSK will continue to work as expected.
So... start with the code that actually does the loading and work your way to the error code location.
PS - I'm not being flippant by the way. This is how I would solve this problem. I doubt anyone has a working fix, because (as has been pointed out) DUSK is old. Thus it is a DIY situation.
Edited by roaminggamer, 14 April 2019 - 05:47 PM.