[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

MBD

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
MBD
  • Contributor

• 386 posts
  • Corona SDK

I've been using this bluetooth market plugin to read data from an IoT based board:

https://github.com/keviner2004/clala-studio-corona-sdk-bluetooth-plugin-sample-codes/tree/master/blefinder

I can't seem to read data from the board though very fast, there is a 1-second delay, even though I know the data is coming in almost real-time.

Can anyone else speak to Bluetooth delays using any Bluetooth plugin on the marketplace for iOS, or even Android?

thomas6

thomas6
  • Contributor

• 936 posts
  • Corona SDK

No experience with this, unfortunately. Maybe the data is only transmitted when some kind of connection is closed, causing the delay? Have you tried checking out all different event phases?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,461 posts
  • Enterprise

Maybe it's buffering the data. Are there any functions to flush the io stream? Unfortunately, we can't support third-party plugins since we don't use them ourselves and have no access to the source. I would reach out to the plugin owner.

Rob

MBD

MBD
  • Contributor

• 386 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi all, it was actually on my end. Was polling the wrong characteristic. I can now read the data in less than 10 or so milliseconds so all is good!

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]