[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Facebook plugin request causes review to fail?
Started by Divergent Monkey Jan 18 2019 07:48 AM

- - - - -
2 replies to this topic
facebook plugin review
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Divergent Monkey

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Divergent Monkey
  • Contributor

• 292 posts
  • Corona SDK

I use the Facebook V4a plugin for authenticating users and displaying their first and last names. However, I just got an email from Facebook saying that their review of my apps failed because apparently I am also requesting user_gender, user_friends, user_age_range and user_link. I do not need any of these things. Does the plugin request it anyway? If so, how do I disable it? Currently, my apps fail the Facebook review. To be approved, I must explain how I use these parameters but the option "I do not use it at all" does not exist so I am stuck... Anyone else had this problem?

agramonte

agramonte
  • Contributor

• 966 posts
  • Corona SDK

Just go into the control panel and delete those items from the request and submit again. This has happened to all my apps including non-corona apps. Those permissions use to be standard permissions and now required extra permission. If your app was published before the new changes they granted those permissions to you even if you don't use them. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 11.03.26 AM.png

Divergent Monkey

Divergent Monkey
  • Contributor

• 292 posts
  • Corona SDK

@agramonte: I removed all the items but the submit button was still greyed out. However, it appears that it does not matter. This is what FB support emailed me:

As communicated on July 31, 2018 (https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2018/07/31/facebook-app-review-update/) your app was proactively queued for App Review. If you do not need access to the permission that requires review, you can ignore the app review submission. Permission will automatically be revoked 30 days after the review submission.

Thanks for your help!

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: facebook, plugin, review