[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

IndieEnthusiast

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
IndieEnthusiast
  • Contributor

• 227 posts
  • Corona SDK

Little bit curious on who is using Xcode for coding using the paid corona plugin

Please kindly share your experiences, I am interested to buy it but would like to get some user feedback first.

Cheers

Indie

• ojnab likes this

roaminggamer

roaminggamer
  • Corona Geek

• 7,544 posts
  • Corona SDK

??

Are you asking peoples opinion about this? https://marketplace.coronalabs.com/graphics/corona-plugin-for-xcode

sanctempdyra

sanctempdyra
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

Is there a new update in Corona plugin?? I heard that this editor project was discontinued!! Is this correct??

IndieEnthusiast

IndieEnthusiast
  • Contributor

• 227 posts
  • Corona SDK

Roaming gamer that is correct, sorry if my sentences came out not so clear.

ojnab

ojnab
  • Contributor

• 553 posts
  • Corona SDK

Is there a new update in Corona plugin?? I heard that this editor project was discontinued!! Is this correct??

I guess you are confusing the Corona Plugin for Xcode with Corona Editor for sublime text?

I am the author of the Corona Plugin for Xcode and it is still supported.

IndieEnthusiast

IndieEnthusiast
  • Contributor

• 227 posts
  • Corona SDK

I have tested

• Xcode wireless building on my Iphone 7 from macbook pro using a sample build

My question is how can I build wirelessly using XCode the corona files, so the app is installed wireless on my phone, will this plugin enable me to perform this?

Plugin : https://marketplace.coronalabs.com/graphics/corona-plugin-for-xcode

IndieEnthusiast

IndieEnthusiast
  • Contributor

• 227 posts
  • Corona SDK

I figured it out, it is simple :), if the .app file is dragged to the xcode device panel, it is installed wirelessly!

IndieEnthusiast

IndieEnthusiast
  • Contributor

• 227 posts
  • Corona SDK

I still would like to know if the plugin can build in iphone device? I know there is simulator integration which is all fine. Thanks.

ojnab

ojnab
  • Contributor

• 553 posts
  • Corona SDK

I still would like to know if the plugin can build in iphone device? I know there is simulator integration which is all fine. Thanks.

I am not sure I understand what you are asking.

When doing pure lua corona projects you build from the Corona Simulator like you would do with any other IDE.

When doing Corona Native projects you build from Xcode and it can install directly to the device.

IndieEnthusiast

IndieEnthusiast
  • Contributor

• 227 posts
  • Corona SDK

Using xcode I would like to build and install app file in ios. What I needed to know is if there is a way for xcode to run the build functionality of corona. Can xcode ask corona simulator to build and then install app in wireless device? Now i am generating app file by building using corona simulator and then dragging the app file to xcode device panel to install it wirelessly. Is the scenario clear now?

ojnab

ojnab
  • Contributor

• 553 posts
  • Corona SDK

Using xcode I would like to build and install app file in ios. What I needed to know is if there is a way for xcode to run the build functionality of corona. Can xcode ask corona simulator to build and then install app in wireless device? Now i am generating app file by building using corona simulator and then dragging the app file to xcode device panel to install it wirelessly. Is the scenario clear now?

Yes it is clear now.

It is not possible at the moment. Not sure I will do this feature either.

To me it makes more sense to use live builds while developing. It is much faster.

• IndieEnthusiast likes this

IndieEnthusiast

IndieEnthusiast
  • Contributor

• 227 posts
  • Corona SDK

I have tried live builds, but there was some issue with ports which needs to be kept open for it to work. With xcode I did not face any issues, hence I thought such a feature would be such a big help! Now I am switching between xcode and corona and then test build in device.

I guess you have more features in priority now, but I fully understand. Thanks!

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]