[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Opened Sourced Monitization Plugins.
Started by agramonte Jan 03 2019 09:17 AM

5 replies to this topic
plugins open sourced
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

agramonte

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
agramonte
  • Corona Geek

• 1,148 posts
  • Corona SDK

I was wondering is their a tentative list of monetization plugins that are going to be opened source. If none that is fine, just want to know if I should bother making a native plugin or wait for the open source plugin then I can make the change to.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,788 posts
  • Enterprise

I don't know what our plans are there.

Perhaps you should reach out to us privately with what you want to do or have done...

Rob

agramonte

agramonte
  • Corona Geek

• 1,148 posts
  • Corona SDK

Will do. thank you.

egruttner

egruttner
  • Enthusiast

• 76 posts
  • Corona SDK

Me too...i was thinking about AdMob plugin.

I'm still waiting for the long time announced "revenue-share based" AdMob plugin (2017, perhaps?).

In this new scenario, should I wait or should I try by myself?

Thank you!

agramonte

agramonte
  • Corona Geek

• 1,148 posts
  • Corona SDK

o_O. I think you should try by yourself. I don't think Open Source would allow you to create a revenue share plugin for Corona. My asks are much more simple:

1. Admob (paid) would be nice to fully implement the multiple unitIds. I forget but it is partially implemented. You can ask for a load of a unitId and show a unitid, but you can't see if it is loaded.

2. Appodeal. The native appodeal allows you to send crash reports to Appodeal the one we have does not. There is also a bunch of useful property on the appodeal native that we don't have.

3. Startapp. The new startapp allows you to reward users with cryptocurrency for rewarded video ads. I think it is a gimmick that will die but I'll try anything especially since they are providing a sign-up bonus.

Other plugins:

4. Flurry plugin on my native apps, I use flurry configuration and notification services. I can't do that on Corona.

5. AppsFlyer doesn't correctly interpret the sandbox flag on iOS.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,788 posts
  • Enterprise

@egruttner, unfortunately, we have a technical issue that we can't solve on the revenue share version of AdMob. We likely cannot do this. 

@agramonte, I'm not sure I've seen requests for any of these items. Those don't look terribly difficult to implement (well the first two at least). I don't know about what's involved with adding the cryptocurrency support, but I also don't know what APIs would need to be changed. Seems to be a reward is a reward and it's just a value.

Flurry's other services sounds like some work, and perhaps it would make sense for those to be new plugins. I don't see why someone in the community could build a FlurryConfiguration or a FlurryNotifications plugin.

We probably should look into the AppFlyer thing. That sounds like a bug. Maybe file that as an issue on GitHub.

Rob

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]