[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

mhanson2

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
mhanson2
  • Observer

• 1 posts
  • Corona SDK

I have been working on a personal project and got it to the point where I think it is worth putting on google play's store. This is a project was to learn from (hence the app is free and I am happy to pay the $25 fee to gain experience in putting something on the store). My code can be found here: https://gitlab.com/m_h_/real_binary_converter

Google play link (screenshots there too of the working app): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.edu.ecu.our.mhanson2.RealBinaryConverter

I tested this app and rebuilt it numerous times after input from friends. In the google store build, it works on the simulator on my pc as expected, however when some friends downloaded the app from the Google Play Store they report blank screens (pics attached).

Here are screens from a user that has a  s9+ (I assume that's a Samsung, all they said was s9+)
Attached File  Screenshot_20181211-134123.jpg   37.6KB   0 downloads
Attached File  Screenshot_20181211-134132.jpg   38.2KB   0 downloads

I also had reports of my Binary Explained screen being blank on another friends S5 phone.
It is worth noting that when I download my own app from the store the app runs as expected (I'm using a cheap HuaweiLYO-L02).

This issue of blank screens has occurred to me earlier in development, and I thought it was odd and it has not reoccurred. This is how that happened: At the time, the simulation on the computer work as expected but the build on my Huawei phone had the blank screens. All I did was rebuild it, and it removed the issue. When this issue was happening, I don't know how to troubleshoot it because my phone doesn't have console output.

This is a worry, because I don't know whether I can fix it, rebuild, re-upload to google play, and know if it works until another phone informs me it doesn't.

As far as what is technically happening, it might be with my scrollview widget, or the display.newtext object, or the composer screen create/destroy/hide/show functions. I can't see the problem myself, so I have linked my code repository above.

I'm still very new to corona, so any suggestions are welcome. I might be missing something crucial, so please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]