[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

uuela9971

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
uuela9971
  • Enthusiast

• 57 posts
  • Corona SDK

I have animated sprite buttons in my store. The sprites work fine however, the background is blank and the rest of the screen items and background image do not come up. What am I doing wrong?

The sprites are being displayed via a 'home grown' set of classes to handle multiple display images, particles, animated and fixed sprites, etc. So there is no easy code to add to this post.

XeduR @Spyric

XeduR @Spyric
  • Contributor

• 293 posts
  • Corona SDK

You haven't really said what you have done, so it's hard to say what you might be doing wrong.

Are all of your display objects sprites? If so, do any of them have invalid frame references? Do you insert everything properly into groups? Really, we are just going down the checklist of how you are creating your display objects.

If you create only the background and nothing else, does it work then? If so, then probably your display groups (or inserts into them) aren't correct. If you don't see the background and it is a sprite, ensure that the frame index is correct and that you haven't accidentally altered the object's alpha or scale values (and that the object is actually on screen). If you've created those image sheets by yourself, then there may be problems there as well.

• roaminggamer likes this

uuela9971

uuela9971
  • Enthusiast

• 57 posts
  • Corona SDK

discovered that it is the driver class I wrote causing the background issue....back to the drawing board....... :D

XeduR @Spyric

XeduR @Spyric
  • Contributor

• 293 posts
  • Corona SDK

So, you wrote some custom module or function and asked what the problem with it was without revealing a single word of code? Well, I'm glad you figured it out. :D

SGS

SGS
  • Corona Geek

• 1,878 posts
  • Corona SDK

Well I'm sure this will help others... not

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sprites