[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Google Analytics Setup
Started by cbriggsnz Oct 19 2018 01:27 PM

1 reply to this topic
google analytics firebase

Best Answer cbriggsnz , 19 October 2018 - 01:38 PM

Always the way.  As soon as you post you find an answer.  I'll leave this here in case anyone else has a similar query.

Google recommends you use Firebase, but you can still use Google Analytics by setting it up as a website.

Cheers,

Craig

[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

cbriggsnz

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
cbriggsnz
  • Contributor

• 283 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi,

I was quite excited to see on another thread that IP Anonymization was now available in the Google Analytics Plugin.

I just went to set it up and am now confused.  Some guidance would be appreciated.

When you try to set up Google Analytics as an app it now tells me I have to use Firebase.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 10.19.44 AM.png   618.16KB   1 downloads

I actually set up another app in the past before IP Anonymization and I did not need to use firebase.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 10.23.03 AM.png   91.02KB   1 downloads

Is this a recent change?  Can I still use Google Analytics with Corona?  And if so, what do I use as the tracking ID?

Thanks,

Craig

[TOPIC: post.html]

cbriggsnz

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
cbriggsnz
  • Contributor

• 283 posts
  • Corona SDK

Best Answer

Always the way.  As soon as you post you find an answer.  I'll leave this here in case anyone else has a similar query.

Google recommends you use Firebase, but you can still use Google Analytics by setting it up as a website.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 10.35.54 AM.png   188.95KB   6 downloads

Cheers,

Craig

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]