[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

joelutting

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
joelutting
  • Enthusiast

• 40 posts
  • Corona SDK

I thought about joining you in the 12 games in 12 months challenge, but have too many things on the go :-(

Don't be too excited about 50K - that made $4k - it sounds like more then it is. That was thru iPhone and a contact at apple - did you use a contact, advertising, or any other marketing to get your feature? If not thats really good!

Be really excited to know how it does over this weekend.

steinovehelset

steinovehelset
  • Enthusiast

• 61 posts
  • Corona SDK

I understand. It takes a lot of time!

No, I don't have any contacts and no advertising. Just been writing on a couple of forums and reddits. So I guess it's good luck combined with a good game.

It's exciting to watch the download numbers, don't look forward to when it's not featured anymore :P

steinovehelset

steinovehelset
  • Enthusiast

• 61 posts
  • Corona SDK

It's been a while since I've updated this posts.. Here's whats new:

A little while after the feature on App Store was finished, I was lucky enough to be featured by Google Play too :D

Currently the game is featured in the Indie Corner:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/editorial_collection/promotion_topic_b000054_games_indie_corner_tp

We're have added a lot of new features to Scolors including more modes and a lot of improvements. We're going to continue working on this game since it's so popular.

But we also need to continue our challenge, so we're working on a new game. The progress is good, but I want to spend some extra time polishing the game. Looking forward to share more info about it when we're closing in on the release date.

joelutting

joelutting
  • Enthusiast

• 40 posts
  • Corona SDK

Good to see it on the featured list - goes to show it can happen! I've only had minor features on AppStore for both of my games, but that was from a friend having a contact at apple. The difference in dl and $ between getting featured and not is significant :-(

Got a game coming out soon so this has motivated me a little - thanks!

[topic_controls]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

[/topic_controls]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: challenge