[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

reCAPTCHA for Corona
Started by p.kanarek Oct 02 2018 02:17 AM

- - - - -
6 replies to this topic
recaptcha corona android ios
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

p.kanarek

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
p.kanarek
  • Observer

• 19 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi everyone! 

Does Corona support reCAPTCHA? I need it to implement this feature on my app and as far as i can see there is documentation for Android, but there is none for iOS for Corona. 

Do you guys have any expierience with reCAPTCHA on mobile? 

XeduR @Spyric

XeduR @Spyric
  • Contributor

• 620 posts
  • Corona SDK

What do you specifically require reCAPTCHA for? It could be that you can create something simpler, lighter and less intrusive by yourself. If you absolutely need it, then you could always write a plugin for it (unless someone somewhere already has).

p.kanarek

p.kanarek
  • Observer

• 19 posts
  • Corona SDK

@XeduR I want to prevent unwanted, bot-made, created outside my application requests to acquire authentication token for my app.

And since my back-end and front-end is already using reCAPCHTA i want use the same solid mechanizm for my mobile apps. 

Yeah, writing a Corona Plugin is the easiest way to implement reCAPCHTA in Corona application. It will go easy on Android since is well documented.

My biggest fear is iOS where i only saw one plugin and its made in swift. Sadly swift cannot produce static .a librares, so i have to rewrite this in obj-c, in order to make Corona plugin. this can be really hard. 

So i made this thread, maybe someone heard about reCHAPTA plugin for Corona, or made simple and working iOS implementation of reCHAPTA for Corona. 

Maciej C

Maciej C
  • Observer

• 25 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,471 posts
  • Enterprise

I believe Corona plugins can be made with Frameworks in addition to .a files for iOS. I think there has to be some bridging to get Swift to talk to C++ which is where the Native to Lua bridge lives.

But I guess it may be ignorance on my part, considering that mobile apps are, generally speaking, not something scriptable (though Apple just added Shortcuts which could be used for this I guess), wouldn't bots require rooted/jailbroken devices? It feels like a solution looking for a problem. Though I guess since you're protecting a backend script that's doing double duty, there may be a need.

Is this a serious issue?

Rob

p.kanarek

p.kanarek
  • Observer

• 19 posts
  • Corona SDK

Rob, have you seen any Corona plugin written in Swift? 

This is as serious as put more protection to application. 

This application has about 500k in downloads, so every pro-security feature is good i think. 

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,471 posts
  • Enterprise

I'm trying to find out if there is an example of Swift based plugin, but it may be a couple of days.

I actually saw a reCapture being used in a mobile app. However, I can't confirm that it was running as a native feature of that app or if it was something running in a webView. Have you considered using a native.newWebView() for it? It may require some tinkering to get it to work.

Rob

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]