[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Steam; Microtransactions -vs- DLC in Corona
Started by tylerthedesigner Sep 18 2018 12:12 PM

2 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

tylerthedesigner

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
tylerthedesigner
  • Enthusiast

• 41 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hey all, 
We're working towards bringing Merchant over to Steam, and we have a couple non-consumable purchases we'd like to make available on the Steam version. 

From the looks of it, there isn't any implementation in Corona to check if DLC is owned (there is a Steam API call, but no Corona parallel). I think its possible to just have depot updates upon DLC purchase, but we'd like to verify purchases on a user account to allow those purchases on other devices (cross-platform purchases). 

Otherwise, it looks like microtransaction is the alternate (I'd prefer DLC). If that's the route, I'm uncertain if you can do a "restore"-style check of purchases already made on the account with the active userID in Steam?

Has anyone looked into this for Steam? Suggestions on implementation? Any pointers would be wonderful! 

tylerthedesigner

tylerthedesigner
  • Enthusiast

• 41 posts
  • Corona SDK

Is there any chance we can get the functionality of DLC purchase checking for Corona's Steamworks integration?
There's a method in the Steamworks API, BlsDlcInstalled, that if included in Corona's integration, would allow us to check user install/ownership of DLC. 

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,693 posts
  • Enterprise

Can you visit http://feedback.coronalabs.com and create a feature request for this please and get people to vote on it?

Thanks

Rob

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]