[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

from in-app to payed app on iOs
Started by Odisej Sep 11 2018 01:22 AM

- - - - -
4 replies to this topic
in-app purchases app store
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Odisej

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Odisej
  • Enthusiast

• 86 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone has any experience with this. I would like to remove in-app purchases and change the status to payed app, but would also like for those who have payed the full in-app purchase to be able to download it for free. any ideas?

Thanks!

XeduR @Spyric

XeduR @Spyric
  • Contributor

• 772 posts
  • Corona SDK

As far as I've understood, you may freely change the price of your iOS apps. Anyone who downloaded your app when it was free, will still own it when you change the app from free to paid as long as you don't publish the new app under a separate SKU.

carloscosta

carloscosta
  • Contributor

• 636 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Xedur, if I understood it right, ALL users who downloaded the app before will have access to the new paid version, but what Odisej want's is only the ones who in-app purchase in the free version not all.

When you move an app to paid, all users who would got it will have the paid version for free. So you will need to create a new version (new SKU) if you don't want this.

Creating a new app you can give promo codes to the ones who already bought the last version. Maybe you can edit the old version and introduce an option to create a promo code so you can use it to buy for free the new one. please note that promo codes are very limited so I don't know the number of users already bought your app.

You can also limit the current app to a almost 0 function without paying it, promoting to uninstall it for free customers. When you have almost all only paid costumers you can pass the free version to paid version. Even the free persons will benifit the new version but they are a few.

I bet someone will give a much better answer than mine, since I've 0 experience on this field.

XeduR @Spyric

XeduR @Spyric
  • Contributor

• 772 posts
  • Corona SDK

@carloscosta, well, Odisej didn't explicitly state that he wants to kick all existing free users to the curb and my answer and as I said, if he doesn't create a new SKU, then all current users will be carried to the paid version for free.  :P 

@Odisej, You could consider this as a possible chance of promoting the app. If you feel uncomfortable with the idea or if the loss in revenue would be too high, then a new SKU is the only option. I would, however, steer clear of trying to circumvent app store's policies regarding using non-Apple means of selling or gifting the new app. One method of distributing a new SKU to your existing customers could be via Apple's Volume Purchase Program (https://developer.apple.com/programs/volume/).

Odisej

Odisej
  • Enthusiast

• 86 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thank you both. A new SKU & promo codes are a good solution, I need to check if I can add the same app name to a new SKU.

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]