[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
burdin.a.d
  • Observer

• 2 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hello
I add code only in my main.lua. I use composer for other scenes

code:

local googleAnalytics = require( "plugin.googleAnalytics" )
googleAnalytics.init( "App1", "UA-123671845-1" )

but in Google Analytics I don't see right statistic about installs (1-2 installs per day)
but in fact, I have 100+ installs per day
where I made a mistake?

[TOPIC: post.html]

agramonte

agramonte
  • Contributor

• 766 posts
  • Corona SDK

Why do you believe that is a mistake? Sounds like a good problem to have. Where are these extra 100 installs occurring?

burdin.a.d

burdin.a.d
  • Observer

• 2 posts
  • Corona SDK

Why do you believe that is a mistake? Sounds like a good problem to have. Where are these extra 100 installs occurring?

I just find how to solve the problem

From Google Play I have 100+ installs per day. I also use Google Adwords

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 24,535 posts
  • Corona Staff

There is a big difference to understand here. The Google Play console is most likely reporting downloads and counting that as an Install. I can log in to Google Play on my laptop's browser, find your app and install it to my Android tablet. That would count as an install. Yet I have never run your app to execute the above code. Your code really defines "Installed and ran".

What I think @agramonte was actually asking you is why are you getting all these installs that never run? There was a time about a year ago where on iOS I might only get 10 installs a day on a free game, but then suddenly those jumped to 100 installs a day on an old game. But I didn't see any increase in usage of the app. Also paid apps didn't have a similar increase in installs. This happened to just about everyone else and the common theory was there was some bot downloading the apps and falsely driving up those numbers. 

I don't know if Google Play has similar issues, but it's very likely that the difference between downloads and download and run's are different enough to cause your discrepancy. 

Rob

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: google analytics