[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

USB to Amazon TV Cube device
Started by Lava Level Aug 04 2018 08:31 PM

3 replies to this topic

Best Answer Lava Level , 09 August 2018 - 05:46 AM

So I never got it to work directly with adb<->USB. Kind of a bummer.

However I found a work around. There is an Amazon App called Download. I just simply put my apk on my Cube now by putting it online via ftp then using Download to install. Takes a bit longer, but It works!  Really fun seeing apps on the tv, highly recommend. 

[TOPIC CONTROLS]
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Lava Level

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Lava Level
  • Contributor

• 262 posts
  • Corona SDK

I can't use adb to my device. I have my SDK up to date.  I set two permissions on my Amazon Fire TV Cube, USB Debugging and Apps from unknown sources and I have it plugged in. 

I can see my Samsung device and my Kindle Fire device, but for the life of me I can't seem to see the Amazon Fire TV Cube. I've checked the connection and with the adaptor, I can plug in a straight LAN so it's not the USB cable.

Is there another step, similar to Android mobile, where I have to click something 5 times in a row to activate?

What am I missing?

agramonte

agramonte
  • Contributor

• 811 posts
  • Corona SDK

On my two fire tv, I have to go into settings=>device=>enable adb.

• roaminggamer likes this

Lava Level

Lava Level
  • Contributor

• 262 posts
  • Corona SDK

My Amazon TV Cube has 

Settings > My Fire TV > ADB Debugging > On/Off

and 

Settings > My Fire TV > Apps from Unknown Sources > On/Off

Tried all kind of combinations with them On. Still can't see it. And, I don't think I can do download installs... Hmm.. I'll have to refer to Amazon Support on Monday I guess.  

Unless anyone else has uploaded to a Amazon TV Cube and knows a magic step I am missing?

Lava Level

Lava Level
  • Contributor

• 262 posts
  • Corona SDK

Best Answer

So I never got it to work directly with adb<->USB. Kind of a bummer.

However I found a work around. There is an Amazon App called Download. I just simply put my apk on my Cube now by putting it online via ftp then using Download to install. Takes a bit longer, but It works!  Really fun seeing apps on the tv, highly recommend. 

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]