Quick Question: BitmapPaint
Jul 28 2018 05:52 PM
I read in the docs but I do not find the answer.
-Does "BitmapPaint" accepts @2x images?
Assuming that I create a 100x100 transparent rect in whatever x, y position and I want to fill it with a 100x100 image that have a 200x200 @2x image.
When Corona require the @2x suffix the rect is going to be filled with the @2x image?
I think the answer is yes, but...
All new folks should should get in the habit of figuring out things like this when they can on their own.
You can figure this out experimentally. This is how old experienced developers like me know what we know.
1. Make an app that shows an image.
2. Provide a 1x and 2x image.
3. Ensure the images look differently and you can identify the differences.
4. Set up your config.lua file so there is no choice but to use the 2x image.
5. Build it, install it on your device, run it.
Post your findings back here.
Note: I'm not chastising you by the way. I'm trying to help you make that leap from relying on the docs or help to relying on trying it out.
If you're looking to enter a technical field later in life, this ability to self-solve will serve you very well in getting a job, keeping that job, and getting raises.