[TOPIC: post.html]

playlife79

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
playlife79
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hello,
I downloaded the flappy bird template and I just wanted to try to convert it to package APK for android, when I convert it I get the error (Error: Get plugin failed.
Plugin: `plugin.vk.direct`
Publisher: `com.coronalabs`). How can I solve this problem with the vk direct plugin? I have regularly activated the vk games plugin for my account but I always get this error. Thank you all

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 24,714 posts
  • Corona Staff

Are you logged into the Corona simulator with the same account you used to activate the plugin at https://marketplace.coronalabs.com?

Rob

playlife79

playlife79
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

Are you logged into the Corona simulator with the same account you used to activate the plugin at https://marketplace.coronalabs.com?

Rob

Yes

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 24,714 posts
  • Corona Staff

It appears the VK Direct plugin is for HTML5 only and not for Android. There is a different plugin for iOS and Android, but I don't know if they are compatible. I'll bring this up with the team.

Rob

playlife79

playlife79
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

It appears the VK Direct plugin is for HTML5 only and not for Android. There is a different plugin for iOS and Android, but I don't know if they are compatible. I'll bring this up with the team.

Rob

Ok, thanks

playlife79

playlife79
  • Observer

• 5 posts
  • Corona SDK

How can I make a game similar to flappy bird for android? what do you advise me to see? thank you

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 24,714 posts
  • Corona Staff

The VK Direct Plugin appears to be there to handle sharing scores to the VK social network, which is a large social network in Russia. I see your email says you're in Italy, so sharing to VK may not be a priority for you. So you have options to remove the need for the VK Direct plugin:

1. Don't track and share high scores.

2. Change the plugin from VK Direct (which is HTML5 only) to the other VK plugin which is Android and iOS compatible. I however do not know what's involved in doing that.

3. Change the plugin from VK Direct to some other leaderboard type setup: GPGS for Android, GameCenter for iOS, Dreamlo (another plugin in the Marketplace (or you can just use network.request() to use Dreamlo directly).

4. Add Facebook and/or Twitter support instead.

Rob

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]