[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Facebook Audience Network - GDPR - hasUserConsent ?
Started by sbullock Jul 25 2018 12:35 PM

4 replies to this topic
facebook audience network gdpr hasuserconsent privacy f.a.n.
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

sbullock

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
sbullock
  • Contributor

• 146 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Corona;

I'm a long-time user of F.A.N. on a number of apps.

We are in the process of doing our GDPR/Privacy implementations as we update the apps.

Unlike AdMob, Chartboost, AppLovin, AppoDeal, etc. . . . I see nothing in your docs about passing any similar parameter to Facebook.

Plus, I could not find anything in Facebook's Audience Network documentation relating to this either. In fact, all of the Facebook SDK and FAN documentation (as of now) seems rather unconcerned with GDPR. Just an observation.

Can anyone at Corona or in the magnificent developer community throw any additional light on this topic -- how you are treating FAN & GDPR?

Thanks;

Steve

karpovpw

karpovpw
  • Contributor

• 231 posts
  • Corona Staff

Hi Steve,

According to  related resources, there are no special F.A.N. APIs to work with GDPR-related ad parameters.

sbullock

sbullock
  • Contributor

• 146 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks Karpovpw.

Just wanted to be certain that I'm not missing something.

Steve

agramonte

agramonte
  • Contributor

• 684 posts
  • Corona SDK

Sorry for the late reply to this thread. here is how Facebook ads currently work:

1. The user has to have logged into Facebook within the last 30/60 (i would have to look the exact timeframe up) on that particular device.

2. The user has to have consented to targeted ads from within the Facebook apps.

If those conditions have not been met then no ads are shown. I can search for the link if you want to read it from the horse's mouth.

Adrian

sbullock

sbullock
  • Contributor

• 146 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Agramonte;

That's very interesting. I couldn't find that information on their site.

This sort of leaves a big question open . . . all of my app users who are not Facebook people (never log into Facebook) and yet I try to show them a F.A.N. ad. I wonder how Facebook categorizes those users and whether there is any fill rate.

Best;

Steve

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: facebook audience network, gdpr, hasuserconsent, privacy, f.a.n.