troylyndon
  • Contributor

• 517 posts
  • Corona SDK

ON 2 DEVICES SO FAR (in past 7 days) Seems to be related to openGL

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

com.google.android.gles_jni.EGLImpl.eglGetConfigAttrib

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
at com.google.android.gles_jni.EGLImpl.eglGetConfigAttrib (Native Method)
at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$ComponentSizeChooser.findConfigAttrib (GLSurfaceView.java:996)
at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$ComponentSizeChooser.chooseConfig (GLSurfaceView.java:957)
at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$BaseConfigChooser.chooseConfig (GLSurfaceView.java:887)
at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$EglHelper.start (GLSurfaceView.java:1070)
at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.guardedRun (GLSurfaceView.java:1508)
at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.run (GLSurfaceView.java:1378

Acer GT-810 (rolex), Android 7.1
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
at com.google.android.gles_jni.EGLImpl.eglGetConfigAttrib (Native Method)
at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$ComponentSizeChooser.findConfigAttrib (GLSurfaceView.java:996)
at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$ComponentSizeChooser.chooseConfig (GLSurfaceView.java:957)
at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$BaseConfigChooser.chooseConfig (GLSurfaceView.java:887)
at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$EglHelper.start (GLSurfaceView.java:1070)
at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.guardedRun (GLSurfaceView.java:1508)
at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.run (GLSurfaceView.java:1378)

[TOPIC: post.html]

Rob Miracle

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Rob Miracle

• 24,714 posts
  • Corona Staff

How often are they happening?

troylyndon

troylyndon
  • Contributor

• 517 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Rob, this single crash cluster occured on 2 separate devices, twice. This is the ONLY crash bug remaining, as my app was crashing much more often prior to my latest release. However, the fact that it has occured on more than once device makes it clear that it is a definate issue. I understand that CoronaLabs probably has some higher priority items to address, but considering how much progress has been made, I wondered if the team might just want to nail this last one.

fungrip

fungrip
  • Enthusiast

• 54 posts
  • Corona SDK

This crash is also affecting my apps(similar stack trace/Android 6.0 -> 8.1 )

troylyndon

troylyndon
  • Contributor

• 517 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Rob and @CoronaLabs, any update on this?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 24,714 posts
  • Corona Staff

Just to make sure, this crash has happened twice on two devices?

We need to prioritize our development efforts and it seems to me that while in an ideal world 0 crashes ever would be great, given how the Android eco-system is, that's not realistic. Perhaps the two crashes happened on rooted devices? Or there are some carrier installed patches/drivers that are not as solid as those from other makers.

Rob

fungrip

fungrip
  • Enthusiast

• 54 posts
  • Corona SDK

For my app, it's the highest percentage crash, past 24h at least 4 users has logged the error with Google

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 24,714 posts
  • Corona Staff

Is that 4 users out of 10 users or 10 million? How many sessions? I don't want to seem callous, but before I bring this to engineering, we need to have a good scope of how frequently this is happening. If it's affecting 0.01% of your sessions is one thing, but if it's affecting 10% of your sessions, that's completely different. 

Rob

fungrip

fungrip
  • Enthusiast

• 54 posts
  • Corona SDK

It's 0.5% of our daily user, but my concern is that it is the majority of the of Corona related crash(relatively low amount now, and I am grateful for that), even higher than the OpenAL crashes(I haven't migrated to the new audio system yet for this particular app).

vlads

vlads
  • Contributor

• 543 posts
  • Corona Staff

Is there a way to reproduce the crash? What plugins are involved?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 24,714 posts
  • Corona Staff

I'll bring this up with our engineers. Maybe it's something we can find quickly, but we spent so much energy fighting all of these Android crashes and putting off many other things you want and expect from us, we need to work on other things for a while since these seem to be at a low threshold. But I'll ask.

Rob 

fungrip

fungrip
  • Enthusiast

• 54 posts
  • Corona SDK

@vlads Unfortunately no. The data is all coming from Play Store ANR&Crashes section. As far as the plugins go, the app uses Admob, and Scott's Firebase Analytics.

@Rob Duly noted and appreciated. We are just on the edge with all the hullabaloo regarding Overlord Google algorithm changes and whatnot.

Cheers

vitaly1

vitaly1
  • Contributor

• 179 posts
  • Corona Staff

Best Answer

IllegalArgumentException fix will come with 3347

fungrip

fungrip
  • Enthusiast

• 54 posts
  • Corona SDK

Quick update after a few weeks of the update release. No more crashes of this type. Many thanks for the work.

Cheers

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]