[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Trung Kien Tran

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Trung Kien Tran
  • Enthusiast

• 47 posts
  • Corona SDK

I have developed a piano playing application. My application needs a lot of audio channel to play the piano keys. How can I extend more than 32 Audio channels in an application built by Corona?
Thanks for your suggestion!

nick_sherman

nick_sherman
  • Corona Geek

• 1,491 posts
  • Corona SDK

You don't need to play more than 32 notes at once. You'll need to track which channels are available and use a free one each time a note is played.

Trung Kien Tran

Trung Kien Tran
  • Enthusiast

• 47 posts
  • Corona SDK

You don't need to play more than 32 notes at once. You'll need to track which channels are available and use a free one each time a note is played.

My app play with multi track from midi file. I need more than 32 audio channel to play the song

nick_sherman

nick_sherman
  • Corona Geek

• 1,491 posts
  • Corona SDK

Well, that's a different thing entirely. Someone got something like this running, but you're still going to have a hard limit of 32 sounds playing at once to work around.

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/43651-video-sksynth-playing-midi-files-source-code-released/

Trung Kien Tran

Trung Kien Tran
  • Enthusiast

• 47 posts
  • Corona SDK

Well, that's a different thing entirely. Someone got something like this running, but you're still going to have a hard limit of 32 sounds playing at once to work around.

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/43651-video-sksynth-playing-midi-files-source-code-released/

Currently I need more than 32 channels to play multiple tracks in midi file. Because each track can play multiple notes at the same time. And right now, Corona can not do that

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]