[TOPIC: post.html]

fungrip

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
fungrip
  • Enthusiast

• 56 posts
  • Corona SDK

Link

At first I thought the daily install dropped due to the wake lock bug, but it seems that was not the only possible reason.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Michael Flad

Michael Flad
  • Contributor

• 195 posts
  • Corona SDK

Some more info

https://www.xda-developers.com/developers-huge-drop-new-installs-play-store-algorithm-changes/

mimoz

mimoz
  • Observer

• 13 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi,

We are experiencing the same issue (50-80% install drop). It looks like we need to lower ANR and Crash rate. We can see this ANR (around 80% of all ANRs)

ANR detected at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method) at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:364) at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.surfaceDestroyed(GLSurfaceView.java:1733) at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView.safedk_GLSurfaceView_surfaceDestroyed_1016fa3eec7180790cb3f71d82296da7(GLSurfaceView.java:538) at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.GLSurfaceView.surfaceDestroyed(GLSurfaceView.java) at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.CoronaGLSurfaceView.safedk_CoronaGLSurfaceView_surfaceDestroyed_78b5a97a440855a98bcd05d13c27cda2(CoronaGLSurfaceView.java:244) at com.ansca.corona.graphics.opengl.CoronaGLSurfaceView.surfaceDestroyed(CoronaGLSurfaceView.java) at android.view.SurfaceView.updateWindow(SurfaceView.java:592) at android.view.SurfaceView.onWindowVisibilityChanged(SurfaceView.java:242) at android.view.View.dispatchWindowVisibilityChanged(View.java:8121) at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchWindowVisibilityChanged(ViewGroup.java:1077) at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchWindowVisibilityChanged(ViewGroup.java:1077) at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchWindowVisibilityChanged(ViewGroup.java:1077) at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchWindowVisibilityChanged(ViewGroup.java:1077) at android.view.ViewRootImpl.performTraversals(ViewRootImpl.java:1315) at android.view.ViewRootImpl.doTraversal(ViewRootImpl.java:1063) at android.view.ViewRootImpl$TraversalRunnable.run(ViewRootImpl.java:5993) at android.view.Choreographer$CallbackRecord.run(Choreographer.java:761) at android.view.Choreographer.doCallbacks(Choreographer.java:574) at android.view.Choreographer.doFrame(Choreographer.java:544) at android.view.Choreographer$FrameDisplayEventReceiver.run(Choreographer.java:747) at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:733) at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95) at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136) at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5584) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1268) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1084) at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

and not sure if this can be fixed from our side. Can please someone from Corona look at this and give us a soultion how to stop those ANRs. We see this ANRs in all our games. Does other Corona developers see the same ANR in their games? 

Thank you!

Best,

Mimoz

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 24,995 posts
  • Corona SDK

@Mimo what version of Corona are you using for this build?

Rob

mimoz

mimoz
  • Observer

• 13 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Rob, we are using 2018.3311 Native for this build, but I think it is the same for other Corona versions. I am also in talk with Tim via email as a part of Priority Plus support package. Thank you!

greg brady

greg brady
  • Contributor

• 279 posts
  • Corona SDK

So google is pretty much ___*king all indy developers with their new a.i. play store search algorithm.  My downloads are down about 75%... 

They've been preaching that we all need to work on improving the 'Quality of our Apps'..  But with the new Corona fixes my ANR's are down to 0 which is incredible.  I still have a few crashes that show up now and then but nothing that should be making me invisible. 

From my research there are alot of developers taking big download loss hits.   This is a real threat to indy development... I'm not saying it's a bad idea to clean up the google play store, but it goes to show how a monopoly works.  

I guess its time to pay more attention to releasing apps for Apple rather than Android.. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

dodi_games

dodi_games
  • Contributor

• 326 posts
  • Corona SDK

I hope that the downloads reduction is due to the fifa world cup and not what play store is penalizing the indie developers :(

fungrip

fungrip
  • Enthusiast

• 56 posts
  • Corona SDK

I hope that the downloads reduction is due to the fifa world cup and not what play store is penalizing the indie developers :(

I do not remember anything of this sort happened during 2014 WC. Were there anything like this happening back then that I wasn't aware of?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 24,995 posts
  • Corona SDK

Google has said they changed their app search engine to prioritize other things. They won't say what the new priorities are since they don't want developer's "gaming the system". But this is definitely a change Google put into play.

Rob

• dodi_games likes this

greg brady

greg brady
  • Contributor

• 279 posts
  • Corona SDK

It makes me wonder,  I've been looking at search results, and it makes no sense.   I see patterns of repeating apps, some of them have worse rating than mine with fewer downloads, some deserve their spots, some have like 10 downloads and get close to the top...  

I'm worried about becoming invisible.  I've been testing keywords and for the life of me I can't see where they are really making a difference.

Greg

agramonte

agramonte
  • Contributor

• 859 posts
  • Corona SDK

Some more info:

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2018/06/improving-discovery-of-quality-apps-and.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FhsDu+%28Android+Developers+Blog%29&SRC=MOBILE_DEV_MEMO

fungrip

fungrip
  • Enthusiast

• 56 posts
  • Corona SDK

It makes me wonder,  I've been looking at search results, and it makes no sense.   I see patterns of repeating apps, some of them have worse rating than mine with fewer downloads, some deserve their spots, some have like 10 downloads and get close to the top...  

I'm worried about becoming invisible.  I've been testing keywords and for the life of me I can't see where they are really making a difference.

Greg

I think that is a bug in their search. Link

greg brady

greg brady
  • Contributor

• 279 posts
  • Corona SDK

I sure hope that's it fungrip, because it is causing a big headache for alot of indy's!  At least it motivated me to get all my apps over to Apple!

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]