[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

FYI: Kidoz app suspended and removed. Kidoz has suspended ad serving until they can resolve the issue.
Started by agramonte Jun 08 2018 05:44 AM

93 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
« Page 4 of 4 2 3 4
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

kidgame.edu

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
kidgame.edu
  • Observer

• 1 posts
  • Corona SDK

After reactivating account, Admob suspended ads on my Apps and I submitted an appeal.

But I got automatic response by admob :
GOOGLE PLAY REMOVAL: AdMob publishers are not permitted to abuse or promote the abuse of any Google product, such as Google Play, YouTube, or Blogger. This includes circumventing, or providing the means to circumvent, the policies or terms of these or other Google products, such as by allowing users to download YouTube videos.

Somebody success with it?

Yoger Games

Yoger Games
  • Contributor

• 105 posts
  • Corona SDK

I've seen the same thing, not sure how to resolve it. I don't see any indication of suspended apps on Admob site.. 

perflubron

perflubron
  • Contributor

• 134 posts
  • Corona SDK

I got the same thing. But before I appealed I had sent an implementation assistance request. That request got a human (& friendly) response, suggesting that I need t appeal but offering to help in case there were any snags with the appeal.

hunee.familyplay

hunee.familyplay
  • Observer

• 3 posts
  • Corona SDK

You mean what SDK version Corona plugin is using? Use adb commandline tool with a connected device, run the app

>adb logcat -s Corona *:S 

06-15 13:11:29.414  3070  3070 I Corona  : plugin.kidoz: 1.4.5 (SDK: 0.8.5.1)

Thank you! :) I thought there is another way to check. But it's ok. 

gauravmba511

gauravmba511
  • Observer

• 9 posts
  • Corona SDK

After a week of the reinstating of our apps, there has been a dropped to nearly 90% in downloads. Is anyone having the same problem ? One of out app was getting downloads as 40K per day now its 4K per day.

perflubron

perflubron
  • Contributor

• 134 posts
  • Corona SDK

Sadly, yes. I'm down from around 24k to 6k for My Main app.

Yoger Games

Yoger Games
  • Contributor

• 105 posts
  • Corona SDK

Me too, down 80 % for all apps (my whole account was suspended). You that only got some apps suspended, are you only seeing this on the affected apps ?

perflubron

perflubron
  • Contributor

• 134 posts
  • Corona SDK

Yes, my balloon pop is stable at around 9 to 11k during the last 30 days

gauravmba511

gauravmba511
  • Observer

• 9 posts
  • Corona SDK

We are seeing the fall in nearly 90% of our apps.

gauravmba511

gauravmba511
  • Observer

• 9 posts
  • Corona SDK

Is there any way to contact them ? that there is something wrong regarding the downloads.

agramonte

agramonte
  • Corona Geek

• 1,043 posts
  • Corona SDK

I suspect you might have been dropped in the search rankings. Have you checked in AppAnnie (or any other similar service)?

gauravmba511

gauravmba511
  • Observer

• 9 posts
  • Corona SDK

App Annie was showing fine couple of days back. after doing some research we found out that Google has changed its algorithm, that's the reason its happening now, could be a glitch which they might fix or might not we don't know. It has effected devs worldwide though :(

perflubron

perflubron
  • Contributor

• 134 posts
  • Corona SDK

References to the algo change? Because I've had some thoughts around their new metadata changes, that sideloaded apps had previously counted towards downloads (https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2018/06/google-play-security-metadata-and.html).

perflubron

perflubron
  • Contributor

• 134 posts
  • Corona SDK

SGS

SGS
  • Corona Geek

• 1,967 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hope they "fix it soon" this is a nightmare for us indies!

sararose

sararose
  • Observer

• 12 posts
  • Corona SDK

I have never tried Kidoz for my kids games but I'm considering it. Before implementing the SDK, I'd like to have a general idea of what to expect for eCPM. For those using Kidoz, can you please share if you are happy with the eCPM on both Android and on iOS? Thank you in advance for any replies.

karpovpw

karpovpw
  • Contributor

• 258 posts
  • Corona Staff

Hey guys, just wanted to chime in a little for all the newcomers to this thread, figuring: "What's going on with Kidoz?"

The issues mentioned in this thread were resolved as fast as possible by newest Kidoz SDK update, which was implemented by Corona straight away. You can use Kidoz Corona plugin like before, without any hiccups.

Also, if I can ask you politely to move the discussion of a download drop caused by Google's change of algorithms to another thread, as it has nothing to do with Corona or Kidoz directly and may mislead Corona users, who just came to this thread, figuring out, what that means for Kidoz and what they should do about it.

blomjens1

blomjens1
  • Contributor

• 124 posts
  • Corona SDK

Well the drop i see is VERY much connected to suspension i got from using the kidoz adds 
Also kidoz wasn't very help full , responding to mails or admitted that the problems was theres 
there #1 focus was to get there adds working 

any how 
BE WARNED 
if you use Kidoz you are taking a risk
it may be safe for now but what appens next time google do a update ?? 
for me its not worth risking my account for it 

perflubron

perflubron
  • Contributor

• 134 posts
  • Corona SDK

At first I too thought my drop in downloads was related to Kidoz, but it appears that it was just a coincidence that the algo change https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.xda-developers.com/developers-huge-drop-new-installs-play-store-algorithm-changes/amp/) occurred just after the Kidoz issues. Personally I don't think Kidoz are any better or worse than other ad networks in terms of operational risk, they (and we) were just 'unlucky' that Googled reacted so strongly on the YouTube API issue.

[topic_controls]
« Page 4 of 4 2 3 4

[/topic_controls]