[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Why aren't my bitbucket changes propagating?
Started by meister.public May 12 2018 12:52 PM

5 replies to this topic
plugins native bitbucket android
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

meister.public

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
meister.public
  • Observer

• 9 posts
  • Corona SDK

I just released my first native plugin yesterday, and I have some changes to make to it.  The readme on my bitbucket repo said it would auto build every hour, but it has been over a day and I don't see the changes when I build a corona app.

Changes were to my jar file... perhaps the hook disregards binaries?

What's going on?

Thanks

roaminggamer

roaminggamer
  • Corona Geek

• 6,920 posts
  • Corona SDK

Go clear out your plugins cache.  

Corona caches parts of plugins on the machine, so it might have the old stuff cached.

StarCrunch

StarCrunch
  • Contributor

• 739 posts
  • Corona SDK

@meister.public I'm curious about your use cases for the plugin and whether you might support strings in addition to arrays of integers. I've been structuring a lot of my own submissions around passing bytes around, typically via strings, e.g. this and this and this.

My main motivation has been reducing friction with C++ APIs that expect potentially large, or even streaming, memory blocks. I've steered away from non-C++ native development and so don't know how close some of the byte data structures on the mobile OSes map to the arrays I know, e.g. whether they would require copies and so on. Any info appreciated.  :)

meister.public

meister.public
  • Observer

• 9 posts
  • Corona SDK

@roaminggamer where is the plugin cache located on a mac?

meister.public

meister.public
  • Observer

• 9 posts
  • Corona SDK

@meister.public I'm curious about your use cases for the plugin and whether you might support strings in addition to arrays of integers. I've been structuring a lot of my own submissions around passing bytes around, typically via strings, e.g. this and this and this.

My main motivation has been reducing friction with C++ APIs that expect potentially large, or even streaming, memory blocks. I've steered away from non-C++ native development and so don't know how close some of the byte data structures on the mobile OSes map to the arrays I know, e.g. whether they would require copies and so on. Any info appreciated.  :)

Well the basics are this.  Lua chars are 1 byte, Java chars are 2 bytes.  So if you have data coming from a bluetooth device in bytes in Java but read in as a string and sent to lua as a string you are going to loose half your data.

• StarCrunch likes this

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 24,315 posts
  • Corona Staff

I'm speculating as to what plugin is yours, but there is a recent update to a bluetooth plugin about an hour ago (Sunday 5p ET). Is this a live plugin? It's best to reach out to support@coronalabs.com and have them check to make sure the push from bitbucket to the public servers is working.

Rob

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plugins, native, bitbucket, android