*** RESOLVED! - See my second post for the mistakes you should not make. ***
I am posting this in case others run into the same issue. You are NOT alone.
- Google has stated that they will require all new and old apps to target at least API level 26 starting August 2018.
- Corona staff knows this and an update is in the pipeline.
- Currently, you CAN RELEASE UPDATES to existing apps.
- Currently, you CANNOT RELEASE NEW apps.
- True for Beta testing.
- True for Production releases.
- Versions of Corona tested: 2018.3281, 2018.3282
- As far as I can tell, Google has jumped the gun on blocking releases.
Please see attached images for more details and what you can expect to see if you
I can't take credit for discovering this. I simply helped confirm it. My only interest is ensuring other folks know it is a known thing.