[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Disable simulator error sound
Started by hasen6 Apr 04 2018 12:06 AM

- - - - -
9 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

hasen6

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
hasen6
  • Contributor

• 151 posts
  • Corona SDK

How do I disable the error sound when there is an error? It's not a very nice sound, quite loud and unnecessary because I can see there is an error since I'm obviously testing it anyway. I checked the preferences and searched online but couldn't find how it is done.

anaqim

anaqim
  • Contributor

• 770 posts
  • Corona SDK

I dont get any sounds, but maybe thats because I execute the simulator from Sublime Text (IDE)

hasen6

hasen6
  • Contributor

• 151 posts
  • Corona SDK

I dont get any sounds, but maybe thats because I execute the simulator from Sublime Text (IDE)

Oh right. I just open the simulator and then when any changes are made in the code the simulator automatically updates. Not sure what the difference is with what you're doing.

anaqim

anaqim
  • Contributor

• 770 posts
  • Corona SDK

Maybe its your IDE making the sound?

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,207 posts
  • Enterprise

I don't believe the simulator makes any sounds, however I did notice just now that if I did make an error, I get a macOS Notification and that notification has a noise with it. You might be able to control that sound with your notification settings.

Rob

hasen6

hasen6
  • Contributor

• 151 posts
  • Corona SDK

Maybe its your IDE making the sound?

I don't launch it from the IDE, the simulator is launched manually and then it detects changes in the code and updates automatically.

I don't believe the simulator makes any sounds, however I did notice just now that if I did make an error, I get a macOS Notification and that notification has a noise with it. You might be able to control that sound with your notification settings.

Rob

Ok I'lll look into that. Nothing else seems to make a sound on error though.

roaminggamer

roaminggamer
  • Corona Geek

• 7,591 posts
  • Corona SDK

Windows or OS X?

On Windows, this is not a Corona thing. It is a general error sound.  You need to disable it in Windows.

You'll need to google it for your particular Windows version, then find the sound that is playing. 

On my system it make a 'ga-Dong!' sound.

• I find it by clicking the 'start button' with the mouse (lower-left), then
  • I type 'change system sounds' and it pops  up in my list of options.
  • Click it.
  • This opens a dialog
  • Next I find 'Critical Stop'
  • Then, for the sound I select the drop-down in lower-left corner of dialog and scroll to (None) at the top.
  • Click apply.
  • Test.

Done!

roaminggamer

roaminggamer
  • Corona Geek

• 7,591 posts
  • Corona SDK

Note: Whenever asking a question, please tell us if you're OS X or Windows.  It is hard to help otherwise.

hasen6

hasen6
  • Contributor

• 151 posts
  • Corona SDK

Windows or OS X?

On Windows, this is not a Corona thing. It is a general error sound.  You need to disable it in Windows.

I am on Mac as Rob guessed. It seems to be a general error sound on Mac too. I just assumed it was a Corona feature since I never hear that error sound at any other time. I fixed it in the notification preferences as suggested.

anaqim

anaqim
  • Contributor

• 770 posts
  • Corona SDK

Oh that explains it. Whenever i install my pc, the first thing i do is turn iff system sounds. They dont deserve to exist in 2018...they are just so 1998 👍

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]