[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Actionsheet - will it ever be supported in native ?
Started by davporte Mar 29 2018 08:26 PM

4 replies to this topic
native action sheet actionsheet
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

davporte

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
davporte
  • Observer

• 21 posts
  • Corona SDK

Will native ever support action sheets? Such as native.showAlert, would be nice!

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 24,743 posts
  • Corona Staff

I don't see why you couldn't do that to day using native builds. The idea behind native is to call native controls like that which would overlay your corona app, accept some input and then close.  Is it available for simulator builds? I don't know if anyone has built a plugin for that, but it doesn't look like a difficult plugin to make.  But you wouldn't even need a plugin or native to do this in the simulator. If you're using Composer, this could easily be done in a Composer overlay. You could use a tableView with a rounded rectangle mask to make the control and do it all in Corona/Lua.

Rob

CoronaChris

CoronaChris
  • Contributor

• 133 posts
  • Corona SDK

I just filed a request for this feature :)

http://feedback.coronalabs.com/forums/188732-corona-feature-requests-feedback/suggestions/34945864-add-native-actionsheet-as-in-native-showalert

roaminggamer

roaminggamer
  • Corona Geek

• 7,120 posts
  • Corona SDK

@CoronaChris - I think the suggestion here was DIY.  Alternately you or @davporte could hire someone.

Whatever the case, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Corona to develop it.  The team is pretty busy and the feature would require quite a few upvotes and/or have a serious ROI for the community to get on their radar.

CoronaChris

CoronaChris
  • Contributor

• 133 posts
  • Corona SDK

@CoronaChris - I think the suggestion here was DIY.  Alternately you or @davporte could hire someone.

Whatever the case, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Corona to develop it.  The team is pretty busy and the feature would require quite a few upvotes and/or have a serious ROI for the community to get on their radar.

thanks Roaminggamer, yes, I'm aware that changes are not that high :) My understanding though is that since native.showAlert is already implemented, a native.actionshett might not be that big of a deal, so I gave it a chance...

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: native, action sheet, actionsheet