[TOPIC: post.html]

davida6

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
davida6
  • Contributor

• 129 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi, Scott.

Does your plugin allow a youtube video to run within an iframe, or does it expand to full screen like the Corona implementation in the Xcode simulator?

Thanks

Dave

Scott Harrison

Scott Harrison
  • Corona Geek

• 1,769 posts
  • Enterprise

It plays in full screen

davida6

davida6
  • Contributor

• 129 posts
  • Corona SDK

Darn, but thanks.

D

davida6

davida6
  • Contributor

• 129 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi, Scott.

I'm working with the safariWebView and have a couple of questions:

1.  The native.newWebVIew, for a local file, takes 2 parameters - the url and a baseDir (in my case system.DocumentsDIrectory)

Your answer to this is the requestFromFile(path) - which would go as requestFromFile(system.pathFromFile(url,baseDir)): correct?

2.  Shouldnt errors in the loading/display (like file not found) pass through the listener,  setup in the view initialization?

I see status messages in the log, but nothing coming through the listener, and nothing happening on the screen.

Thanks

Dave

davida6

davida6
  • Contributor

• 129 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi, Scott - let's update the last message.

It looks like I was having some trouble with the javascript in the html file - and it wasnt getting the passed variable.  I got rid of the json call in the listener, since the data coming in was a table - switched to print_r - and was able to figure that part out.

I switched to the requestFromString(x), handled the passed variable myself, and passed the "page" into the request and everything worked as hoped and expected: the youtube video stayed where it was supposed to and played without any of the buffering/timeing issues I see under android.

Did the setup in my last post here look right for the requestFromFile - again, it may have been the javascript that mucked things up.

Thanks

Dave

Scott Harrison

Scott Harrison
  • Corona Geek

• 1,769 posts
  • Enterprise

Good to hear :)

davida6

davida6
  • Contributor

• 129 posts
  • Corona SDK

Scott,

Should I be able to insert the object into a dispay group?  and should there be a removeSelf() to kill the object?

Thanks

Dave

Scott Harrison

Scott Harrison
  • Corona Geek

• 1,769 posts
  • Enterprise

Unfortunately display groups are not supported, Corona has not provided any documentation on how to implement display groups with native objects.
There is a destroy api

davida6

davida6
  • Contributor

• 129 posts
  • Corona SDK

My apologies - totally missed the destroy.

thanks.

Dave

a3mg

a3mg
  • Enthusiast

• 50 posts
  • Corona SDK

I downloaded the sample "safariWebView-Demo-master" but I'm not able to get it to load a very simple "hello world" index.html local file. I have been trying

view:requestFromFile(system.pathForFile("index.html",system.ResourceDirectory))

But it never displays the local file.

Works fine if I use a web URL like this (and other "https" URLs).

view:request("https://www.coronalabs.com")

What am I doing wrong, any suggestions?

Corona 3184, iPad iOS 11.2

davida6

davida6
  • Contributor

• 129 posts
  • Corona SDK

I'm using the requestFromString() under iOS and the standard web view on Android - mainly because of issues with the url variable not being handled properly.  This code runs an embedded youtube video.

local url = "tutorials.html?ID=" .. goto
if (ios) then
     local xx = "<html><body><div style=\"text-align: center; align: center; background-color: black;\">"
     xx = xx .. "<iframe style=\'width: 100%; height: 100%;\' src=\"https://www.youtube.com/embed/" .. goto 
     xx = xx .. "?rel=0&amp;controls=0&amp;showinfo=0\" frameborder=\"1\" allowfullscreen></iframe></div></body></html>"
     wView:requestFromString(xx)
else
     wView:request(url, system.DocumentsDirectory)
end	

I found that Scott's request() and requestFrom String() ran clean, so I didn't pursue the requestFromFile().

Not exactly what you were looking for, but hope it helps.

Dave

Scott Harrison

Scott Harrison
  • Corona Geek

• 1,769 posts
  • Enterprise

I downloaded the sample "safariWebView-Demo-master" but I'm not able to get it to load a very simple "hello world" index.html local file. I have been trying

view:requestFromFile(system.pathForFile("index.html",system.ResourceDirectory))

But it never displays the local file.

Works fine if I use a web URL like this (and other "https" URLs).

view:request("https://www.coronalabs.com")

What am I doing wrong, any suggestions?

Corona 3184, iPad iOS 11.2

This has been patched please wait an hour

a3mg

a3mg
  • Enthusiast

• 50 posts
  • Corona SDK

Scott -

Thank you for providing the patch, loading a local html file is working as expected.

I have another question.  Is it possible to use the "lis(function)" of the safariWebView plugin in the same was as using the corona webView:addEventListener( "urlRequest", webListener ) to listen while using the html pages?

I used a native.showAlert to see the event.url when the safariWebView plugin loads the index.html page for the first time. Is there something similar I can use to listen for other events like event.url after the page loads?  With the corona webview I use html forms to call functions in corona.  Here is a simple example

function webViewListener( event )
	if (event.url == "corona:playVideo1?") then
		playVideo1()
	end

if (event.url == "corona:openLink1?") then
		openLink1()
	end
end

Scott Harrison

Scott Harrison
  • Corona Geek

• 1,769 posts
  • Enterprise

Yes it does please see documentation
https://scotth.tech/plugin-safariWebview

a3mg

a3mg
  • Enthusiast

• 50 posts
  • Corona SDK

Scott -

I see how the listener is working in the Safari WebView Plugin.  It seems to only hear when the initial page is loaded in or when navigating to new pages.  

I have instances where other pages are loaded into a <div> or <iframe> on the page that is loaded in to the Safari WebView Plugin and it does not seem to "hear" when navigating those pages.  When I load a single index.html page that has the listener set to alert the events, I can see the event info when the page initially loads.  But I see nothing when pages load into <div> on the page or when navigating to different pages in those divs.  I only see another listener event if navigating from the index.html to another page at that top level.

The Corona native webview also listens for <form> submit which is actually how I use the listener.  It does not seem that Safari WebView Plugin listener reports any events for a form submit, even on the top level index.html page that I was testing.

Would it be possible to have the Safari WebView Plugin listener hear the events on all the pages that are loaded into plugin even if they are in a <div> or <iframe>?

Is it possible for the Safari WebView Plugin to listen for a <form> submit?

Scott Harrison

Scott Harrison
  • Corona Geek

• 1,769 posts
  • Enterprise

Could you not try to add the data to the url via ?data=mydata

a3mg

a3mg
  • Enthusiast

• 50 posts
  • Corona SDK

Is there a maximum height or width for the webview?  I am trying to code for iPhone X, Xs, Xr, and Xs Max and no matter what I do I can't get the webview to get any bigger.  Even if I use obviously too large height and width for the webview.

Scott Harrison

Scott Harrison
  • Corona Geek

• 1,769 posts
  • Enterprise

Have you tried on physical devices?

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]