[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

Diagonal slider
Started by John_M Jan 16 2018 08:29 PM

6 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

John_M

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
John_M
  • Enthusiast

• 89 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi, Does anyone perhaps have any thoughts on how to make a diagonal slider? Do we have access to the widget newSlider code? I think that might be written in Lua? I'm thinking it might be a good starting point and I'd have to figure out changing X values along with the Y values. Or maybe there's sample code out there somewhere? Any other thoughts please let me know! Thank you so much

horacebury

horacebury
  • Corona Geek

• 2,985 posts
  • Corona SDK

Set the .rotation property?

John_M

John_M
  • Enthusiast

• 89 posts
  • Corona SDK

Brilliant idea. I'll try it tonight. Thanks!

SGS

SGS
  • Corona Geek

• 1,895 posts
  • Corona SDK

you can download the source from github

StarCrunch

StarCrunch
  • Contributor

• 766 posts
  • Corona SDK

I'm assuming that you're after the dragging feature of a slider (or clicking on and snapping to a part within it).

The slider bar is a segment between two points A and B. Your touch is "above" or "below" said segment when you care about it. You can draw another segment from this point to the bar, which will be at a 90-degree angle to the bar itself.

Finally, you can draw another segment between either A or B and your touch point.

This is a right triangle. Say we chose A. From A to the point along the bar you have one side, going "up" from there to your touch is another. From A to the touch you have the hypotenuse.

At this point you're basically dealing with projection and / or rejection. (A little tired at the moment but could elaborate more later, or maybe somebody else will chime in.)

John_M

John_M
  • Enthusiast

• 89 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks so much everyone for the ideas. I'll try all this weekend. I appreciate the help. Corona has such a great community!

John_M

John_M
  • Enthusiast

• 89 posts
  • Corona SDK

Starcrunch, yes exactly, it's the dragging of an image along a straight line that I'm after. Thanks for all the cool math!

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]