Sorry, I have two questions in one.
We are developing a business App and I am experiencing performance issues.
One is when I change scene and at times I experience that the previous scene remains on the screen (I can see half of it) and the next scene hangs. I am aware that this possibly could be fixed by looking at all that happens during the scene change, but is it a problem that others also experience or am I the only one ?
The other is a function to test and remove illegal characters in a textfield. In the text listener I have added the following code:
function textListener( event ) if ( event.phase == "began" ) then -- (...) elseif ( event.phase == "ended" or event.phase == "submitted" ) then -- (...) elseif ( event.phase == "editing" ) then --print( "new char: "..event.newCharacters ) local newChar = event.newCharacters if newChar then local thePos = string.find(theAllowedCharacters,newChar) or 0 if thePos == 0 then -- print("Illegal char - replace with previous text") event.target.text = thePreviousText event.target:setSelection(event.startPosition-1,event.startPosition-1) else -- print("Legal char") thePreviousText = event.target.text end end end
This seems to work OK, but if I keep on hitting the keyboard keys quickly I end up with an error on the string.find function that says "unfinished capture" and the program crashes.
Is there a solution to allow Corona to execute the code before it continues the processing - or do you have a better way to test of acceptable input (in this case I do not want characters outside the normal letters and numbers (including national characters like æ ø å ä ö ü and î etc.....)