- GitHub Repository: https://github.com/roaminggamer/SSK2
- itch.io: https://roaminggamer.itch.io/ssk2
- Marketplace: https://marketplace.coronalabs.com/asset/super-starter-kit-2-ssk2
- Validation Test Suite: https://github.com/roaminggamer/SSK2/raw/master/validation.zip
- Docs: https://roaminggamer.github.io/RGDocs/pages/SSK2/
- I skipped a few release notes.
- Release version numbers are now date based: YYYY.MM.DD
Changes in 2017.12.11
- Updated system.* library (see System Library below)
- Removed export options. Specifically, globals, colors, and system are now always exported.
- Forced external.* load. Now, all external libs (excluding AutoLan) loaded into SSK.
- More small changes ...
SSK2 provides a number of handy (global) variables for quickly checking what system you are running on, what device you are running on, and now what OS you are targeting.
The updated docs are here: https://roaminggamer.github.io/RGDocs/pages/SSK2/libraries/system/
In short, you can determine all of these things:
- Actual Environment - You can tell what the actual OS is your running under right now. This works in the simulator, on device, on desktop builds, etc.
- Target Environment - If you're running in the simulator, these variables will reflect the skin target OS. If you're on an actual device or desktop build, they reflect the current OS.
- Actual Device Flags - These flags (while more accurate on physical devices) do their best to reflect the specific device you are running on.
Hopefully this example snippet will clarify the purpose and usage of these variables:
if( onSimulator ) then print("Running app on simulator.") elseif( onDevice ) then print("Running app on real device.") end if( targetiOS ) then print("This app is either running in a simulated iOS device or on a real one.") elseif( targetAndroid ) then print("This app is either running in a simulated Android device or on a real one.") end if( oniPhoneX ) then print( "Great... running on any iPhone X with that funky notch... better adjust for it." ) end
Edited by roaminggamer, 12 December 2017 - 09:56 AM.