[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

CFBundleIconName missing in plist? Unable to submit to appstore.
Started by roballison182 Sep 14 2017 04:05 AM

- - - - -
38 replies to this topic

Best Answer vlads , 21 September 2017 - 05:25 AM

Sorry, I mistyped. It should be xcassets="Images.xcassets".

To help you with migration we prepared a bunch of samples and a template in latest daily build (3144) and a guide:

https://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/xcAssets/index.html

In short, steps are following:

1. delete old CFBundleIconFiles section from build.settings

2. add new entry to iphone section: xcassets="Images.xcassets" (note, it is not in plist section. It should be iphone.xcassets, not iphone.plist.xcaccess)

3. copy template Images.xcassets from any sample or Corona/Resource Library/iOS to your project root

4. replace icons inside Images.xcassets with your icons icons (move your icons inside Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset)

That is it. You should be good to go.

If something is wrong, please, read short guide posted above.

[TOPIC CONTROLS]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

roballison182

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
roballison182
  • Contributor

• 181 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Guys,

The xcode 9 GM has been released. Apple has asked us to rebuild our game pktball using this (so it's building using iOS11 beta).

Unfortunately I need to include "CFBundleIconName" in the plist.

I've tried adding this into the build.settings file, but I'm not sure what to enter tbh. Whatever I've tried just fails. And by "fails" I mean we get an automated email back from apple saying:

Missing Info.plist value - A value for the Info.plist key CFBundleIconName is missing in the bundle 'com.laserDog.pocketBall'. Apps that provide icons in the asset catalog must also provide this Info.plist key. For more information see http://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev10510b1f7.

I can't see any info about this key in the linked reference page.

Help would be greatly appreciated, this is time sensitive!

Thanks,

Rob,

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,922 posts
  • Enterprise

Hi Rob.

Our Engineering team is aware of this and are working on a solution. I'm not sure why they want you to rebuild with iOS 11, but generally you can't submit with Beta SDK's anyway. 

Rob

roballison182

roballison182
  • Contributor

• 181 posts
  • Corona SDK

Thanks Rob,

Not sure really, we're asking for clarification now.

Cheers!

roballison182

roballison182
  • Contributor

• 181 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Rob,

If you could ask the engineers what I could add in the build.settings file so I can do it manually for now, that would be really, really useful.

Saves waiting for a new daily build :)

Thanks again,

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,922 posts
  • Enterprise

Rob, we are trying to figure that out now. It's really not as simple as adding something to build.settings. 

roballison182

roballison182
  • Contributor

• 181 posts
  • Corona SDK

Ah, I see. My apologies! Thanks for the quick reply.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,922 posts
  • Enterprise

Are they looking to feature pktball on the X or something?

roballison182

roballison182
  • Contributor

• 181 posts
  • Corona SDK

Oh I wish! :D

We've got a big pktball update coming. They've just asked us if we can build with iOS 11 and update the meta for the new appstore stuff.

I'm currently converting the project to a corona native one, I should be able to get round the issue that way, I hope!

Cheers,

roballison182

roballison182
  • Contributor

• 181 posts
  • Corona SDK

Argh, same issue with the native build :(

roballison182

roballison182
  • Contributor

• 181 posts
  • Corona SDK

After LOTS of changing stuff around in Xcode, we got it submitted! Had to manually add references to the icons and also some extra fields in the plist.

I can list what we did if you like, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. Time for bed!

Cheers for looking into this.

Rob

vlads

vlads
  • Contributor

• 804 posts
  • Corona Staff

Hey! So, now you can submit iOS apps build with GM using latest nightly build. What changed - is the way icons are shipped. Instead of iphone.plist.CFBundleIconFiles Corona would now compile icons from Xcode Assets Catalog, specified in iphone.xcassets. This seems to be really easy and clear way to provide icons.

For example, one can look at SampleCode/Physics/ShapeTumbler, and use it's catalog as a template.

Easiest way to edit a template is just to replace icons inside folders (you can delete *TV top level folders if no plans for Apple TV).

Another way is to use Xcode (drag & drop Images.xcassets to Xcode Docker icon) This way it would show if there's any problems with icons (top right corner would get like exclamation mark warnings)

Reason why "old way" seems not to be working is because Apple with iOS 11 requires 1024 app store asset, which isn't part of the icon. Only way to provide it is seemingly to get compiled from xcassets.

roballison182

roballison182
  • Contributor

• 181 posts
  • Corona SDK

This is super! Thanks for this!

roballison182

roballison182
  • Contributor

• 181 posts
  • Corona SDK

I've actually just tried submitting and it's still not working. Are daily builds/night builds different?

Also, we just managed to accidentally release PKTBALL as the corona sample app. I don't know how we managed that.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,922 posts
  • Enterprise

Hi Rob, yes each daily build is different than the previous and the last public build. We add new features and fixes into daily builds. You would need to use 3141 to get these changes.

Rob

roballison182

roballison182
  • Contributor

• 181 posts
  • Corona SDK

Hi Rob,

Thanks, but that's not what I meant. I'm using the latest daily build, but you're referring to a "nightly" build. Is that the same thing?

I used the latest daily build and still got the error back from apple, and I've had to submit through xcode again.

Thanks,

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,922 posts
  • Enterprise

Sorry for the confusion Rob.  Nightly and Daily builds are the same.  Unless we manually kick off a build process, the automated job that produces daily builds runs overnight. We sometimes refer to the as nightly builds.

Rob

roballison182

roballison182
  • Contributor

• 181 posts
  • Corona SDK

No problem, I see.

So I guess the fix vlads mentioned will be in the next daily build.

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 25,922 posts
  • Enterprise

As far as I know the changes are in 3134.  Did you convert your icons to an asset catalog and include the plist key to tell iOS to look for the asset catalog?

Rob

vlads

vlads
  • Contributor

• 804 posts
  • Corona Staff

Try building SampleCode\Physics\ShapeTumbler with 3141 (make sure to select sample from 3141 as well), selecting your production provisioning profile and submitting that.

lessmsios

lessmsios
  • Contributor

• 170 posts
  • Corona SDK

Got the same error from Apple today. Using build 2017.3143.

"Did you convert your icons to an asset catalog and include the plist key to tell iOS to look for the asset catalog?" - are there instructions on creating this asset catalog? Guess I'm old fashion and have just been using the "CFBundleIconFiles" table in the buildsettings. Does this have to be done with launch images as well?

Thanks in advance!

vlads

vlads
  • Contributor

• 804 posts
  • Corona Staff

Icons are now using different format. We will publish more detailed instructions tomorrow. For now you can use sample Physics/ShapeTumbler as template. You would need to copy Images.xcassets and replace icons within it, remove old plist entry and add new iphone.xcassets="Images.xcassets" entry in build.settings.

carloscosta

carloscosta
  • Contributor

• 649 posts
  • Corona SDK

how to add iphone.xcassets="sysstemUIVisibility" on build.settings? if i copy past this text will give an error.

vlads

vlads
  • Contributor

• 804 posts
  • Corona Staff

Best Answer

Sorry, I mistyped. It should be xcassets="Images.xcassets".

To help you with migration we prepared a bunch of samples and a template in latest daily build (3144) and a guide:

https://docs.coronalabs.com/guide/distribution/xcAssets/index.html

In short, steps are following:

1. delete old CFBundleIconFiles section from build.settings

2. add new entry to iphone section: xcassets="Images.xcassets" (note, it is not in plist section. It should be iphone.xcassets, not iphone.plist.xcaccess)

3. copy template Images.xcassets from any sample or Corona/Resource Library/iOS to your project root

4. replace icons inside Images.xcassets with your icons icons (move your icons inside Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset)

That is it. You should be good to go.

If something is wrong, please, read short guide posted above.

carloscosta

carloscosta
  • Contributor

• 649 posts
  • Corona SDK

*edit* - i misplaced "xcassets = "Images.xcassets" inside plist. corrected that. all went fine now.

note: i had to remove all transparent channel also from png files.

tried, it gave me an error on application Loader in the end,

saying i've 4 missing icons. i copy all icons exactly how you said. and my folder icon is exactly the same as samples. i've the latest buidl (downloaded today).

1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:
        /var/folders/0_/0jl97qgn5jv0ynncxhmpcwsc0000gp/T/8208955B-CE6B-4E95-99EA-9B789E36DC10/1273802882.itmsp 
- Error Messages:
                ERROR ITMS-90022: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not 
contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly '120x120' pixels, 
in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0."
                ERROR ITMS-90023: "Missing required icon file. The bundle does not 
contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '76x76' pixels, in .png format 
for iOS versions >= 7.0."
contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '167x167' pixels, in .png format 
for iOS versions supporting iPad Pro."
contain an app icon for iPad of exactly '152x152' pixels, in .png format 
for iOS versions >= 7.0."

Edited by carloscosta, 21 September 2017 - 06:30 AM.

vlads

vlads
  • Contributor

• 804 posts
  • Corona Staff

Those icons are in template xcassets.

zdrnneO.png

Make sure you followed described steps.

Make sure you added xcassets="Images.xcassets" entry to iphone table. It does not belong in iphone.plist

[topic_controls]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

[/topic_controls]