[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

Falcon777

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 338 posts
  • Corona SDK

How do I import an existing Corona project to Xcode? I tried the behaviour script "Import Corona Project" but it has no response.

I am using Xcode version 8.3.3

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 338 posts
  • Corona SDK

I believe a file browser/picker is supposed to popup but apparently not happening.  Kindly advise.

Falcon777

Falcon777
  • Contributor

• 338 posts
  • Corona SDK

Finally managed to resolve the issue by adding a daily build to the Application folder.  My default Corona SDK has no -xxxx append to the file.  Seems like that cannot be recognised.

The auto completion is pretty bad compared to what I am getting from LuaGlider.  Somehow it is unable to recognise the tables that I defined within my codes.  Also after typing "." after the class/library name, the entire list of Corona functions are displayed instead those specifically just for that class name.

E.g composer. will give the entire list of functions/constants that Corona has instead of just those specifically to composer.  :(

ojnab

ojnab
  • Contributor

• 476 posts
  • Enterprise

@Falcon777

Finally managed to resolve the issue by adding a daily build to the Application folder.  My default Corona SDK has no -xxxx append to the file.  Seems like that cannot be recognised.

There are a couple of simple prerequisites. Please read the guide before using the plugin. It is very short and explains everything: http://www.shakebrowser.net/corona-for-xcode/guide.html

The auto completion is pretty bad compared to what I am getting from LuaGlider.  Somehow it is unable to recognise the tables that I defined within my codes.

The auto completion works like the one in Corona Editor not the one in Lua Glider. Auto completion for user defined tables are not supported.

Also after typing "." after the class/library name, the entire list of Corona functions are displayed instead those specifically just for that class name.

E.g composer. will give the entire list of functions/constants that Corona has instead of just those specifically to composer.   :(

Thanks for reporting. I see... this is a bug that needs to be fixed.

For now you can type either composer (without the dot) to get the full list of composer functions or or composer dot some letter(s) to get the composer function suggestions matching what you typed.

ojnab

ojnab
  • Contributor

• 476 posts
  • Enterprise

Regarding this issue:

...  after typing "." after the class/library name, the entire list of Corona functions are displayed instead those specifically just for that class name.

E.g composer. will give the entire list of functions/constants that Corona has instead of just those specifically to composer.   :(

This appears to be some bug introduced in late Xcode 8 versions. I tested with the Xcode 9 beta and Apple seems to have fixed it. So please wait for Xcode 9 or install the beta version.

ojnab

ojnab
  • Contributor

• 476 posts
  • Enterprise

The Corona Plugin for Xcode has been updated to v.1.5

The update contains: 

1. A Corona Debugger.

2. The Daily Build picker was updated to work with Corona-xxxx folders.

3. Various minor improvements and fixes.

Get it here: https://marketplace.coronalabs.com/asset/corona-plugin-for-xcode

Please notice: this plugin will not update automatically like other plugins in the marketplace. You will have to manually download the update and install it over the previous version. To get notified about updates please follow this thread.

[topic_controls]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

[/topic_controls]