[TOPIC: topicViewTemplate]
[GLOBAL: userSmallPhoto]
Photo

adb run-as saying that app is not debuggable
Started by davida6 Apr 24 2017 07:09 AM

- - - - -
3 replies to this topic
[TOPIC CONTROLS]
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
[/TOPIC CONTROLS]
[modOptionsDropdown]
[/modOptionsDropdown]
[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

davida6

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
davida6
  • Contributor

• 129 posts
  • Corona SDK

in order to pull a database or other such files from a device, adb needs to use the run-as option.  This gives your commands the same permissions as if the app was running them.  It also allows you to run shell commands so that you can see/change your app's Documents directory.

The problem is that the APK has to be seen as debuggable by adb.  I've built the apk with the debug keystore, but adb fails with the error: APK is not debuggable.

Any suggestions?  I am using the live-build option and would prefer not having to do a new build, as it would require uninstalling and reinstalling a new configuarion - as I am trying to track down a specific, not easily reproducible error.

thanks

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,042 posts
  • Enterprise

Is this a repeat of a previous post? If so, we would rather have you just bump your original thread asking for more help instead of creating a new topic.

After looking up some info on run-as, there shouldn't be anything preventing you from doing this. Can you post the exact terminal commands that you are typing?

The examples I've seen assume the app is already installed on the device and you know the Package ID.

Rob

davida6

davida6
  • Contributor

• 129 posts
  • Corona SDK

my apologies.   The other post only got a comment regarding logcat, which has nothing to do with the question, so I posted here, wording it differently.

commands are:

adb shell <cr>

shell@mid7131_lp:/  $ run-as com.masterboltdevelopment.sdzAdmin  <cr>

returns:  run-as Package: 'com.masterboltdevelopment.sdzAdmin' is not debuggable

app is installed and 'com.masterboltdevelopment.sdzAdmin' is the correct package ID.

Thanks!

Dave

Rob Miracle

Rob Miracle

• 26,042 posts
  • Enterprise

This StackOverflow article may be of use as it provides an alternative way to get the database file off of the device:

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/48609/how-can-i-access-the-files-in-data-data-and-copy-them-into-memory-card-withou

Rob

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]