[reputationFilter]
[TOPIC: post.html]

davida6

[GLOBAL: userInfoPane.html]
davida6
  • Enthusiast

• 71 posts
  • Corona SDK

I've built the app using the debug keystore (and live build).  I can use adb logcat to debug, and with adb shell, change directories on the device to the app (and Documents Directory: app_data).  However, when trying to list either of the directories (ls), my device comes back with the message that I dont have permission.

I tried using the run-as option, but it says that the app isnt debugable and wont let me work that way.

Any suggestions on how to build the apk so that is is recognized as debugable?

thanks

Sphere Game Studios

Sphere Game Studios
  • Corona Geek

• 1,254 posts
  • Corona SDK

???  adb logcat will log all the output from your app.  If you have no errors or no print() statements then you will see no output.  it is not folder dependent it is a log of your device.

davida6

davida6
  • Enthusiast

• 71 posts
  • Corona SDK

adb logcat will show the running app.  I need to see the resulting directory structure (and contents) built by the app under the documents directory.   adb run-as is supposed to give me that ability by making me look like I was the app.

Sphere Game Studios

Sphere Game Studios
  • Corona Geek

• 1,254 posts
  • Corona SDK

You are confused... there is only one output from your app and adb will log that.  You are looking at an output log of your app nothing more noting less

davida6

davida6
  • Enthusiast

• 71 posts
  • Corona SDK

ADB has a number of capabilities.  Displaying the logcat file is one of them.   ADB also has the ability to push and pull files, to and from the device, install apps AND give you the ability to run an Android (linux) shell.  Within the shell you can spoof an app, giving you the same permissions as the app and ability to view the app and its data tree.  This is the run-as command.  One of the requirements is that the app be "debuggable".  I can do this with my native mode apps, just not with my Corona apps.  I am trying to find out why.

Sphere Game Studios

Sphere Game Studios
  • Corona Geek

• 1,254 posts
  • Corona SDK

Ah I get it now.... my mistake.  The app should be debuggable if build with a debug keystore?

Or something like this might help - http://blog.shvetsov.com/2013/02/access-android-app-data-without-root.html

davida6

davida6
  • Enthusiast

• 71 posts
  • Corona SDK

No worries, I appreciate the help.    You would think, but I'm wondering if live-build has anything to do with it.  Because of all of the data built by the app, I'm really trying to avoid doing a new build since that would mean uninstalling and reinstalling - and then rebuilding all of the data.

Thanks, I'll check out the blog.

davida6

davida6
  • Enthusiast

• 71 posts
  • Corona SDK

@rob or @brent

Any thoughts on this? I'd like to be able to push or pull a db, or view a directory tree under system.DocumentsDirectory on a non-rooted device.

As I said in the beginning, reading logcat works fine. The problem shows when using adb's run-as option.

Thx

[topic_controls]
[/topic_controls]