First, I hope you guys and gals are rocking-and-rolling this compo. I want to see a ton of games showing up in the marketplace.
Second, and ... "Yes," I will stop with the counting ... except to say, I have just submitted my 8th game for this competition.
To date, these have been simple, classic, and starter games. Now, it is time to turn my attention to modern games (as was requested by the compo...)
Game So Far
Starting in the upper-left corner and rotating clock-wise, the games are:
- Missile Command - Four versions of template (Basic, Pretty, Modular, Framed)
- Breakout - Four versions of template (Basic, Pretty, Modular, Framed)
- Pig (Dice Game) - One version.
- Tic-Tac-Toe - Includes five versions of template (Step-by-Step, Basic, Pretty, Modular, Framed)
- Balloon Pop - Three versions (Basic, Modular, Framed)
- Musical Memory (Simon) - One version.
- Sliding Puzzle - Three versions (Basic, Better, Pretty)
- Whack-a-Mole - Four versions of template (Basic, Pretty, Modular, Framed)
- Step-By-Step - Only Tic-Tac-Toe has this. I created the game in 10 steps, where each step is separated into its own folder so you can see how the game progresses and gets more complete.
- Basic - Super rudimentary (all in one file) version with no or simple art. Great for beginners.
- Better - Only Sliding Puzzle has this. It is a slightly more complex version of basic.
- Pretty - Basic + Art and in most cases Sound.
- Modular - Code is converted to basic Lua modules. I also typically add more features here like game logic, ai, leveling, etc.
- Framed - Modular version dropped into composer.* framework with: Splash, Home, and Play interfaces. Also, when it makes sense the game is pause- and resume-able.
Next Games (Feedback Requested)
I'm taking a break today, but then I will move on to these games:
- Asteroids - A critical classic and fundamental game to learn how to make.
- 2 Cars
- Don't Touch The Spikes
- Flappy Bird
- Flappy Color
- Bouncing Ball 1
- Bird Climb
- 1943 - Another classic.
- Gold Miner - Requested previously.
I doubt these will all make it in before the compo ends (unless we see an extension), so if you want to see any of these show up first or if you have other idea, please make suggestions below